There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ben Tate

Keith Britton ‏ @KeithBritton86 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open Ben Tate's agent has told me he can't confirm/deny there have been trade negotiations w/ his client, but it "wouldn't surprise me" he says

Retweeted by Dave Richard

I think Tate would be a great pick up for San Fran and could be Gore's replacement imo. He isn't going to see the field much with Foster signing that big deal. 3rd rounder maybe? Will probably pick up a back around then anyway this year. Thoughts...
I'm a fan of Tate. Runs like an animal and is fast, big, and strong. Could start on most teams, IMO
Shawntae Spencer for Ben Tate straight up
Originally posted by valrod33:
Shawntae Spencer for Ben Tate straight up

Baalke would win the universe if he pulled that off.
Lulz I was thinking of Brandon Tate from the Patriots
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
For Spencer yes since he is already gone but runningbacks are dime a dozen. He's also a product of that sysem.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Lulz I was thinking of Brandon Tate from the Patriots

getting anybody for Spencer at this point would be genius though, lol.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
For Spencer yes since he is already gone but runningbacks are dime a dozen. He's also a product of that sysem.

You mean a vertical WEST COAST OFFENSE system? LOL. Ben Tate can run in ANY system.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
You mean a vertical WEST COAST OFFENSE system? LOL. Ben Tate can run in ANY system.

Dude, that's the same offense that made Steve Slaton looks like an absolute stud, Houston is like the new Denver, RB's just tear it up in their system.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Dude, that's the same offense that made Steve Slaton looks like an absolute stud, Houston is like the new Denver, RB's just tear it up in their system.

Denver and Houston...Kubiak coached for Denver during that time. He runs a vertical WCO. Not saying that Tate should come to the Niners, just my .02 that he'd be successful in any offense.

Denver and Houston...Kubiak coached for Denver during that time. He runs a vertical WCO. Not saying that Tate should come to the Niners, just my .02 that he'd be successful in any offense.

Tate is better than Hillis hands down.
Originally posted by Janitor:

No doubt in my mind.

No doubt in my mind.

I would take Tate over Dixon, but Hunter is easily #2 and most likely to step into Gore's space when he is gone. I don't think Dixon has what it takes to be successful.

No doubt in my mind.

I would take Tate over Dixon, but Hunter is easily #2 and most likely to step into Gore's space when he is gone. I don't think Dixon has what it takes to be successful.

Dixon plays too soft for a guy his size. A running back I hope we steer away from in this draft is Terrence Ganaway out of Baylor. Plays a lot like Dixon. Big back, but very soft.

No doubt in my mind.

Dixon plays too soft for a guy his size. A running back I hope we steer away from in this draft is Terrence Ganaway out of Baylor. Plays a lot like Dixon. Big back, but very soft.

Run straight into the pile and fall down, that's what I see.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home