There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Redskins Trade with the rams really isnt that bad at all.

Originally posted by GEEK:
The Redskins have been looking for a franchise QB for over a decade, and Mike Shannahan struck out multiple times with veteran acquisitions (McNabb, Beck, and Grossman) during his 2 years in Washington so far. They are in desperate need to acquire a franchise QB, and let the coach prove that he's capable of repeating his Broncos success.

From an outside view, it's a lot to give up for one player. But at the same time, if giving up those picks allows you to draft your face of the franchise for the next decade, then you have to do it.

These players have started at QB for the Redskins since 2002:
- Patrick Ramsey
- Shane Matthews
- Danny Wuerffel
- Tim Hasselbeck
- Mark Brunell
- Jason Campbell
- Todd Collins
- Donavan McNabb
- Rex Grossman
- John Beck

The list speaks for itself.

i see that ;skins list and DARE someone to post the 49ers' list of starting QBs since 1999 (or 2005 at least)
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
because they did give them 3 first round picks.

If I gave you a cheeseburger for a bacon cheeseburger, i still gave you a cheeseburger, even though i also ate a cheeseburger.

Rarely do i agree with Hessian, but here I have to agree.

who are you and why don't you agree with me often?

this logic is the truth. If I give you 2 pairs of black air jordans and you give me 1 pair of white air jordans I still gave you 2 pairs of air jordans even though I get 1 pair in return.

did you guys go to college?? it doesnt matter.... the pick your getting in return cancels out the one you gave away no matter what way you look at it... especially when the pick they are getting this year moved them to (2) from (6).. so its like getting a double cheesburger this year instead of a regular cheeseburger.

Don't defend your dumb post. It was dumb. It was obvious. It wasn't necessary. It contributed nothing. It was something everybody already knew. Semantics.
Originally posted by GEEK:
The Redskins have been looking for a franchise QB for over a decade, and Mike Shannahan struck out multiple times with veteran acquisitions (McNabb, Beck, and Grossman) during his 2 years in Washington so far. They are in desperate need to acquire a franchise QB, and let the coach prove that he's capable of repeating his Broncos success.

From an outside view, it's a lot to give up for one player. But at the same time, if giving up those picks allows you to draft your face of the franchise for the next decade, then you have to do it.

These players have started at QB for the Redskins since 2002:
- Patrick Ramsey
- Shane Matthews
- Danny Wuerffel
- Tim Hasselbeck
- Mark Brunell
- Jason Campbell
- Todd Collins
- Donavan McNabb
- Rex Grossman
- John Beck

The list speaks for itself.

Ken Dorsey
Tim Rattay
Shaun Hill
JT O'Sullivan
Troy Smith
Trent Dilfer
Cody Pickett
Chris Weinke
David Carr

What prize do the 49ers win????
Originally posted by 49ergenius:

If I gave you a cheeseburger for a bacon cheeseburger, i still gave you a cheeseburger, even though i also ate a cheeseburger.

this logic is the truth. If I give you 2 pairs of black air jordans and you give me 1 pair of white air jordans I still gave you 2 pairs of air jordans even though I get 1 pair in return.

did you guys go to college?? it doesnt matter.... the pick your getting in return cancels out the one you gave away no matter what way you look at it... especially when the pick they are getting this year moved them to (2) from (6).. so its like getting a double cheesburger this year instead of a regular cheeseburger.

Don't defend your dumb post. It was dumb. It was obvious. It wasn't necessary. It contributed nothing. It was something everybody already knew. Semantics.

Which one of these posters are you addressing?
Originally posted by English:

Maybe all as a collective?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by English:

Maybe all as a collective?

or me specifically considering I was the last one to post before he said that. I would like to to know if he went to college though, its very simple

4-4+1 = 1, yes they still have 1 draft pick but they subtracted 4 in order to receive that 1 pick......
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 12, 2012 at 6:35 AM ]

Exactly. If they had only given up 2 first round picks, they'd still have their OWN first round pick this year, PLUS the Rams' 2nd overall pick.
Yea I don't think it was a bad move by the Skins at all.

But you're actually giving up 3 pairs of Jordans. In this scenario, you'd be giving up 2 pairs of black Jordans AND a white pair of Jordans for a slightly nicer white pair of Jordans. Let's not forget the pair of Air Force Ones you have to throw in as well (2nd round pick).
[ Edited by 49erRider on Mar 12, 2012 at 6:48 AM ]
I am still waiting to hear if SundayTicket actually went to college based on his argument.
I'm Sorry... but black quarterbacks that win a championship are very RARE... AND I MEAN VERY RARE!. Has there been one in the last decade... shoot let's go back 20 years...? NOPE! Let's see... McNabb... Vick... McNair... Cullpepper... V.Young... J. Campbell... Freeman... Garrard... Batch... Leftwich... Wallace... Last name I can think of... was Doug Williams for the Skins... As a matter of fact! I think he is the ONLY one! haha! Can RG III be that guy? It would be the Skins that do it though... Who knows?... but history has shown that they do not fair well... I wouldn't dump that many picks... potentially destroying the future of my franchise... On an gamble... I don't know what the problems is... but Black QB's just can't get it done consistently.

Frickin RAMS ROBBED the Skins! NOT GOOD FOR OUR DIVISION... STOOPID REDSKINS.
[ Edited by RYPTOUT on Mar 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM ]
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
I'm Sorry... but black quarterbacks that win a championship are very RARE... AND I MEAN VERY RARE!. Has there been one in the last decade... shoot let's go back 20 years...? NOPE! Let's see... McNabb... Vick... McNair... Cullpepper... V.Young... J. Campbell... Freeman... Garrard... Batch... Leftwich... Wallace... Last name I can think of... was Doug Williams for the Skins... As a matter of fact! I think he is the ONLY one! haha! Can RG III be that guy? It would be the Skins that do it though... Who knows?... but history has shown that they do not fair well... I wouldn't dump that many picks... potentially destroying the future of my franchise... On an gamble... I don't know what the problems is... but Black QB's just can't get it done consistently.

Frickin RAMS ROBBED the Skins! NOT GOOD FOR OUR DIVISION... STOOPID REDSKINS.

is this a joke?
Why do people keep saying they gave up 3 1st round picks.. thats the dumbest logic ever..

they are swapping there 1sts this year, and giving them the folowing 2 years 1st round picks.. so they are realling only giving up 2 1st round picks.. not 3.. if they were giving them 3 picks they wouldnt be drafting anyone in the 1st round this year lmao...

That being said.... watching RG3 in college, if he pans out, 2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick would be worth it... wouldnt you give that for a tom brady or peyton manning at age 21???

Because they DID give up 3 1st round picks + a 2nd round pick. "In exchange" for a 1st round pick. So yes, they are still "giving up" 3 1st round picks. It's pretty simple math really...
is this a joke?

Is anyone laughing?
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:
is this a joke?

Is anyone laughing?

depends; do you mean "with you" or "at you"?