There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Redskins Trade with the rams really isnt that bad at all.

Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
because they did give them 3 first round picks.

If I gave you a cheeseburger for a bacon cheeseburger, i still gave you a cheeseburger, even though i also ate a cheeseburger.

Rarely do i agree with Hessian, but here I have to agree.

who are you and why don't you agree with me often?

This
Originally posted by flow:
This trade is a rare win-win: the Redskins get a franchise QB and the Rams get to build around the one they already have.

i do agree with this, but i also think that the Redskins, with very little talent on offense, I think this will affect their ability to really rebuild the team. if RGIII is as good as he appears to be, its definitely worth it. Still, I think that they overrate their defense somewhat and have very little to be happy about on offense except for a rookie QB that they haven't even drafted yet.
Originally posted by flow:
This trade is a rare win-win: the Redskins get a franchise QB and the Rams get to build around the one they already have.

This I agree with. Was moving up pricey for the Redskins? Yes, but if you think you're getting a franchise QB you do it 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.
Only thing that boggles my mind is that some of you can't do first grade math. Rams get a net gain of 2 first round picks but because of sematics you say they got 3.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I am the voice of reason, and you don't agree with me because you think Alex Smith is good and our wide receivers are bad.

there is a reason harbaugh and baalke are going after moss but not manning

Separation, bad route running, fumble kick and punt returens, cannot catch catchable balls, hmmmm, that seems to describe the niners WR core.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Separation, bad route running, fumble kick and punt returens, cannot catch catchable balls, hmmmm, that seems to describe the niners WR core.

i disagree moss doesnt drop the ball and is still pretty fast from what ive heard

but im going to drop the topic not the right thread
Originally posted by sfout:

If I gave you a cheeseburger for a bacon cheeseburger, i still gave you a cheeseburger, even though i also ate a cheeseburger.

this logic is the truth. If I give you 2 pairs of black air jordans and you give me 1 pair of white air jordans I still gave you 2 pairs of air jordans even though I get 1 pair in return.

did you guys go to college?? it doesnt matter.... the pick your getting in return cancels out the one you gave away no matter what way you look at it... especially when the pick they are getting this year moved them to (2) from (6).. so its like getting a double cheesburger this year instead of a regular cheeseburger.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

this logic is the truth. If I give you 2 pairs of black air jordans and you give me 1 pair of white air jordans I still gave you 2 pairs of air jordans even though I get 1 pair in return.

did you guys go to college?? it doesnt matter.... the pick your getting in return cancels out the one you gave away no matter what way you look at it... especially when the pick they are getting this year moved them to (2) from (6).. so its like getting a double cheesburger this year instead of a regular cheeseburger.
This, they got two first rounders, the cheese and a second round order of fries.

i went to college. they gave up four draft picks and got one draft pick in return.

i have two masters degrees. maybe you should go back to school.
Originally posted by English:
Could be something to do with it costing them 2 firsts and a second to move up four places. That seems a lot to some people.

And if he doesnt make it? Even if he if just average, this wont look good.

Then those are going to be some high first round picks the Rams will be getting.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

This

I guess you don't read entire threads before commenting. Not surprising given the lack of input you've added to this thread.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by English:
Could be something to do with it costing them 2 firsts and a second to move up four places. That seems a lot to some people.

And if he doesnt make it? Even if he if just average, this wont look good.

Then those are going to be some high first round picks the Rams will be getting.

lets hope RGIII makes it!

i went to college. they gave up four draft picks and got one draft pick in return.

I went to college and have a law degree. So, yes.

I went to college and have a law degree. So, yes.

if i gave you my two masters degrees for your law degree, i would still have given away two degrees even though I got a law degree in return.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
The Redskins have been looking for a franchise QB for over a decade, and Mike Shannahan struck out multiple times with veteran acquisitions (McNabb, Beck, and Grossman) during his 2 years in Washington so far. They are in desperate need to acquire a franchise QB, and let the coach prove that he's capable of repeating his Broncos success.

From an outside view, it's a lot to give up for one player. But at the same time, if giving up those picks allows you to draft your face of the franchise for the next decade, then you have to do it.

These players have started at QB for the Redskins since 2002:
- Patrick Ramsey
- Shane Matthews
- Danny Wuerffel
- Tim Hasselbeck
- Mark Brunell
- Jason Campbell
- Todd Collins
- Donavan McNabb
- Rex Grossman
- John Beck

The list speaks for itself.