LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

The Redskins Trade with the rams really isnt that bad at all.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Why do people keep saying they gave up 3 1st round picks.. thats the dumbest logic ever..

they are swapping there 1sts this year, and giving them the folowing 2 years 1st round picks.. so they are realling only giving up 2 1st round picks.. not 3.. if they were giving them 3 picks they wouldnt be drafting anyone in the 1st round this year lmao...

That being said.... watching RG3 in college, if he pans out, 2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick would be worth it... wouldnt you give that for a tom brady or peyton manning at age 21???
[ Edited by SundayTicket on Mar 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM ]
because they did give them 3 first round picks.

If I gave you a cheeseburger for a bacon cheeseburger, i still gave you a cheeseburger, even though i also ate a cheeseburger.
Now RG3 is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning at 21 without ever playing a down in the NFL..... Nevermind that his style of play is totally different from those.

The deal isn't bad. For the RAMS! So you are right. It's not bad in a sense. Depending on what team you are looking at. The Cowboys of the 90's were built this way. And the Rams have a chance to build something very special out of this.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

If I gave you a cheeseburger for a bacon cheeseburger, i still gave you a cheeseburger, even though i also ate a cheeseburger.

Rarely do i agree with Hessian, but here I have to agree.
Could be something to do with it costing them 2 firsts and a second to move up four places. That seems a lot to some people.

And if he doesnt make it? Even if he if just average, this wont look good.
Originally posted by Bootlegger:

who are you and why don't you agree with me often?
With the new Rookie wage scale I think the GM's are willing to give up more in draft pick compensation than before. The logic is before teams wanted to trade down rather than pay the exorbitant rookie draft salaries of top 7 picks. Now they can get the player they want, the rookie will not hold out and the salary will be lower with less guaranteed money. This means that to move up you need to pay more.

The Rams are in a win win situation because they get the picks, a lower salary spot, and they do not need a qb, so thier pick at #6 is really getting a pick at #4, because they do not need a qb and they KNOW that two quarterbacks will be before pick 6 and possibly 3.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

this logic is the truth. If I give you 2 pairs of black air jordans and you give me 1 pair of white air jordans I still gave you 2 pairs of air jordans even though I get 1 pair in return.

I am the voice of reason, and you don't agree with me because you think Alex Smith is good and our wide receivers are bad.
It is by far and away a ridiculously stupid trade.

Originally posted by sfout:

this logic is the truth. If I give you 2 pairs of black air jordans and you give me 1 pair of white air jordans I still gave you 2 pairs of air jordans even though I get 1 pair in return.

its like if i gave you three Sierra Nevada Kellerweises for one Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, I still gave you three beers even though I got to drink one beer.
I am the voice of reason, and you don't agree with me because you think Alex Smith is good and our wide receivers are bad.

there is a reason harbaugh and baalke are going after moss but not manning

still don't know who you are, lol.
  • flow
  • Veteran
This trade is a rare win-win: the Redskins get a franchise QB and the Rams get to build around the one they already have.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
its like if i gave you three Sierra Nevada Kellerweises for one Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, I still gave you three beers even though I got to drink one beer.

lol I could go for a SN right about now.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

there is a reason harbaugh and baalke are going after moss but not manning

this is also the truth.
Share 49ersWebzone