LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

breaking news: rams trade #2 pick to redskins!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is gonna effect free agency too, the redskuns are gonna try and get weapons to pair with griffin, maybe they go after VJ and Benson for RB
6 first round draft picks in three years....wow.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Its FIVE first round picks and FOUR 2nd round picks in 3 years. The Rams did not get an extra first this year. They simply swapped in rd 1.
Originally posted by valrod33:
This is gonna effect free agency too, the redskuns are gonna try and get weapons to pair with griffin, maybe they go after VJ and Benson for RB

I dont know if I would spend much money on Benson but I agree they will be big spenders in free agency. They are WAY under the cap ( i think I read 40 million) and will use it to go after guys like Vincent Jackson.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Its FIVE first round picks and FOUR 2nd round picks in 3 years. The Rams did not get an extra first this year. They simply swapped in rd 1.

Thanks. Forgot about that.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

HOLY SH1T!!!!!!!!!!

Everything I have seen only had a 2nd this year. And then you figure, if they are smart, they will sell off one of those 1st for more picks and trading the 2nds to move up.

Also thesigbing mike Wallace talk. They can't, it has to be your pick. They can deal withthe steelers but thesteelers can give them the finger.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Redskins 2011
Pick 2
--------------------------

Rams 2011
Pick 6, Their own 2nd round pick

Rams 2012
Their 1st Round Pick, Redskins 1st Round Pick, Redskins 2nd round, Their own 2nd round pick

Rams 2013
their 1st Round Pick, Redskins 1st Round Pick, their own 2nd round pick

So technically with their picks they have 5 1st rounders and 4 2nd rounders in the next 3 years. If they do well and hit on most of these they should be Super Bowl Contenders. Big thanks to Washington, Rams fans have to be elated.

They get ALL THIS for moving down ONLY 4slots in this years draft? WOW
We couldn't even get a cheeseburger for # 1 pick when Alex was coming out....
The Redskins are so f**king stupid.
Those are going to be some very high draft picks for the rams for the next 3 years because you know the Redskins are still going to suck.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Remeber the Cowboys of the 90's? That's the Rams of the late 2010's and early 2020's.....

lol did not know they had Troy Aikman throwing the ball
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
We couldn't even get a cheeseburger for # 1 pick when Alex was coming out....

So true, lol

Our luck sucks
would you guys say same ole sorry ass rams if this happened..there is a chance this happens as well

Mel Kiper suggested on Friday that both Blackmon and Claiborne will be gone, and that the Rams may be choosing between Iowa offensive tackle Riley Reiff and Memphis defensive tackle Dontari Poe.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Redskins 2012
Pick 2
--------------------------

Rams 2012
Pick 6, Their own 2nd round pick, Redskins 2nd round

Rams 2013
Their 1st Round Pick, Redskins 1st Round Pick, Their own 2nd round pick

Rams 2014
their 1st Round Pick, Redskins 1st Round Pick, their own 2nd round pick

So technically with their picks they have 5 1st rounders and 4 2nd rounders in the next 3 years. If they do well and hit on most of these they should be Super Bowl Contenders. Big thanks to Washington, Rams fans have to be elated.

They get ALL THIS for moving down ONLY 4slots in this years draft? WOW

I edited that, mixed up on the years.

yeah, it boils down to for swapping 1st rounders and moving down 4 spots they get 2 1st round picks and a 2nd.

It depends on where the Redskins draft in these next few years but on the value chart it's 2600 points for pick 2 and 1600 for pick 4. The Redskins 2nd they gave up equals around 500 meaning they only needed to make up another 500. However, even 2 1st rounders at pick 32 is worth 1080 (590). And Redskins probably won't win back to back super bowls... so if they are middle of the pack it's about 1000 points so they are giving them 20000 and only need to make up 500 with that 2nd rounder already factored in. Basically, they gave up around 1500 points too much.... maybe even more if they do bad and the rams get to pick early in the 1st round the next few years.

I guess that's the old trade value chart though... with the new CBA and the cheaper cost especially those top 10 or so picks it might change. No more 80 million dollar contracts with 50 guanteed... Cam newton made a 4 year deal worth 22 million all guaranteed and he was pick 1. Von Miller pick 2 got 4 years 21 million with 13.7 guaranteed.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
3 firsts and a 2nd rounder...... ......

For the #2 pick and an unproven running QB.....
SanDiego, don't know if you have watched him play much but he is a pocket QB who can run. This isn't Cam or Vick. This kid is a real good pocket QB who has IMHO the best touch of any QB coming out. His ability to throw the deep ball accurately is uncanny even when under pressure in the pocket.
Share 49ersWebzone