There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

breaking news: rams trade #2 pick to redskins!!!!

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I don't think shanahan knows what he is running anymore.

Man, the rams are going to be good quick, they are already pretty young.
Are they? Thought, they had one of the oldest franchises last season...
Originally posted by communist:
I will laugh at the Skins if the Browns are much better off of this draft in 2-3 years...
Trent Richardson, Tannehill and a WR in the 2nd round could upgrade them significantly within a year. Though, I would go for Blackmon with their 1st-rounder.

Doesn't matter they'll still be the worst team in that division
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I don't think shanahan knows what he is running anymore.

Man, the rams are going to be good quick, they are already pretty young.
Are they? Thought, they had one of the oldest franchises last season...

They are really going to be able to make some serious moves in the next couple yrs. Skins 1st and 2nd this yr?? They are only dropping down to the 6th pick. the want line protection anyway. Perfect position for that pick. Our divisin can become very intersting after this off season.
It's a pretty crazy trade, but if you really think RGIII is a perennial pro bowler, then it's not as crazy of a trade as it initially seems.

Look at a team like the Browns:

Joe Thomas- 3rd overall

Alex Mack- 21st overall

Joe Haden- 7th overall

That's 3 first round picks, 3 pro bowl caliber players. That's essentially best case scenario for any team drafting, and they STILL have a bad team. If they had Cam Newton? ...Well, they'd still be a pretty bad team, but they might be more competitive. Would you trade those three players for a potential Pro Bowl QB? I probably wouldn't because we don't know what RGIII is, but still, it's a closer call than it seems.
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
It's a pretty crazy trade, but if you really think RGIII is a perennial pro bowler, then it's not as crazy of a trade as it initially seems.

Look at a team like the Browns:

Joe Thomas- 3rd overall

Alex Mack- 21st overall

Joe Haden- 7th overall

That's 3 first round picks, 3 pro bowl caliber players. That's essentially best case scenario for any team drafting, and they STILL have a bad team. If they had Cam Newton? ...Well, they'd still be a pretty bad team, but they might be more competitive. Would you trade those three players for a potential Pro Bowl QB? I probably wouldn't because we don't know what RGIII is, but still, it's a closer call than it seems.

Umm... Can't they get Dree Brees for 2 1st round picks and he is a sure hall of fame QB
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
It's a pretty crazy trade, but if you really think RGIII is a perennial pro bowler, then it's not as crazy of a trade as it initially seems.

Look at a team like the Browns:

Joe Thomas- 3rd overall

Alex Mack- 21st overall

Joe Haden- 7th overall

That's 3 first round picks, 3 pro bowl caliber players. That's essentially best case scenario for any team drafting, and they STILL have a bad team. If they had Cam Newton? ...Well, they'd still be a pretty bad team, but they might be more competitive. Would you trade those three players for a potential Pro Bowl QB? I probably wouldn't because we don't know what RGIII is, but still, it's a closer call than it seems.

Umm... Can't they get Dree Brees for 2 1st round picks and he is a sure hall of fame QB

How? Brees is on an exclusive rights franchise tag.
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I don't think shanahan knows what he is running anymore.

Man, the rams are going to be good quick, they are already pretty young.
Are they? Thought, they had one of the oldest franchises last season...

I was mostly talking about their defense, I'm sure fisher will draft a young rb to pair up with the beast they have back their now, and fix their O-Line.
who is the GM of the Redskins?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
who is the GM of the Redskins?

Bruce Allen.
Seriously, those Rams are set for a few years to come with those picks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,242
i do not blame the skins for making the trade,, they are probably saying they would mess up the picks like they always do
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do not blame the skins for making the trade,, they are probably saying they would mess up the picks like they always do

Overpay, much, though?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,242
Originally posted by English:
Overpay, much, though?
agree, big time but again thats how they roll and they usually have nothing to show for it.plus who will they get to develop this kid? the head coach of the skins did not have to work much to develop elway and steve young. he is over rated in more ways than one.
The Rams will win the Super Bowl out of this one. Maybe more than once.
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree, big time but again thats how they roll and they usually have nothing to show for it.plus who will they get to develop this kid? the head coach of the skins did not have to work much to develop elway and steve young. he is over rated in more ways than one.

hell no shannahan is a great coach especially for QBs

they already have a great defense they just need a qb