There are 148 users in the forums

Other teams you suspect have/had a "bounty system"...

Shop 49ers game tickets

Other teams you suspect have/had a "bounty system"...

Evidence:

-Week 16 vs 49ers
-Scott McCloughan's drunken ravings prior to that game
-That douche MRob yuckin' it up on the sidelines after he failed to knock KW out for the season (and therefore sparing us all the NFCCG debacle)
-The injuries inflicted on other 49ers players during that game

Investigate their a**es NOW!
So far every team Williams has coached on
Titans
Redskins
Saints
Don't care. This is a mans game. I'm sure these guys are not "taking it easy on tackles" just because they arnt getting rewarded for hard hits.
oakland you know everybody is thinking it
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I bet the 49ers have at some point or another.... Ravens I'm sure, Steelers yep... all the physical teams you have to believe did something like this. I don't see why this is a shocker, to me it's the same as a player having incentives in his contract for playing better. OMG! No! Never want guys to get hurt but you can't go 16 games without an injury regardless of how hard you try
Let's seeee ummmmmmm ...... the other 31 teams. This is nothing new. College teams do it too. The Saints just got caught. Other teams will follow, count on it.
Originally posted by Paul:
I bet the 49ers have at some point or another.... Ravens I'm sure, Steelers yep... all the physical teams you have to believe did something like this. I don't see why this is a shocker, to me it's the same as a player having incentives in his contract for playing better. OMG! No! Never want guys to get hurt but you can't go 16 games without an injury regardless of how hard you try

Two things wrong with all of that. One, the physical teams don't HAVE to pay players for big hits - that's simply the way they play. You think Patrick Willis needs a cash incentive to lay someone out? James Harrison sure as hell doesn't! This is an example of a coach using a poor motivation tactic, to try and inspire players to do what they should already be doing. Perhaps Gregg Williams should hire Mike Singletary as an assistant motivational speaker?

Two: It's not the same as a player having incentives in his contract, as those incentives are documented and affect the salary cap. These cash payouts are not, and therefore each and every one of them is a violation of salary cap rules.
Us, especially this past season.
Goldson knocks dude out of games all the time with his low hits.
Every team. Just like in baseball.

But there is a difference between trying to injure someone and winning a pot for best hit or something like that.

Seattle seems like a team that would do something like this. Pete Carroll is just a douche. I could see the Jets doing something like that as well.

Also Detroit,
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Mar 3, 2012 at 9:11 AM ]
Well I hope Donte got a big bonus for KOing the s**t out of Pierre Thomas.
detroit
the niners are a top five candidate after any greg williams coached team
Us.
Share 49ersWebzone