LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Do you have a problem with paying players a "bounty" to injure opposing players?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you have a problem with paying players a "bounty" to injure opposing players?

My vote went in wrong...i though i read "are you ok with players being paid...." i need sleep
I think like with anything else it probably started off innocent and friendly you know like 'hey I'll put down $100 if anyone comes up with a sack on the QB during the first qrt' kinda talk and then got out of hand in '1k to who ever knocks that QB the F out first'.
im fine with a 'bounty' program paying players for things like sacks, ints, ff, ect.... but when you have 'stretcher' hits and clearly trying to just injure opposing player, that is a huge no
I voted yes but would have preffered there to be a note saying "except if the niners do it".
so how many of you have an issue with the kinds of hits the niners defense lay that frequently injure players?
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
so how many of you have an issue with the kinds of hits the niners defense lay that frequently injure players?

Opefully you can see the difference between a play which happens to injure a player, and a play where you deliberately go out to injure him?
Originally posted by English:
Opefully you can see the difference between a play which happens to injure a player, and a play where you deliberately go out to injure him?

if you're constantly going for the big hit, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? just trying to get turnovers, right? just trying to play hard, right?

i love how our defense injures as many players as any in all of football yet 90% of fans are up on a high horse about this
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
12% No .........whats wrong with some of you lol
Not fine at all. Then what happens next? They take out contracts and kill a guy. I think paying someone to do harm to another is wrong - period.

You just have to know, there are some lawyers working on this right now. Is it a crime to pay someone to physically damage another person? I know people have gone to jail for it, not sure in the sporting world where contact is part of the sport.

If I found out someeone put a bounty on me I'd be out for BIG time vengence. This thing bettter be handled soon or it will get WAY pout of control.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Not fine at all. Then what happens next? They take out contracts and kill a guy. I think paying someone to do harm to another is wrong - period.

You just have to know, there are some lawyers working on this right now. Is it a crime to pay someone to physically damage another person? I know people have gone to jail for it, not sure in the sporting world where contact is part of the sport.

If I found out someeone put a bounty on me I'd be out for BIG time vengence. This thing bettter be handled soon or it will get WAY pout of control.

first, the 'kill a guy' bit is this

second, we're already paying people to harm other people. we like seeing big hits, we like physical football, but we don't wanna take the responsibility for that thirst when guys get injured. like it or not, the very nature of the game and what fans like has produced this. some of the hits layed by saints players under this bounty program were considered just fine until people heard about the program behind it and started mounting their high horses as if they were somehow above all of it. heck, these are the same fans that are constantly whining about how goodell is turning this into a p***y sport by making certain hits illegal and protecting players.

bunch of hypocrites the lot of you

Originally posted by English:

if you're constantly going for the big hit, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? just trying to get turnovers, right? just trying to play hard, right?

i love how our defense injures as many players as any in all of football yet 90% of fans are up on a high horse about this

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

first, the 'kill a guy' bit is this

second, we're already paying people to harm other people. we like seeing big hits, we like physical football, but we don't wanna take the responsibility for that thirst when guys get injured. like it or not, the very nature of the game and what fans like has produced this. some of the hits layed by saints players under this bounty program were considered just fine until people heard about the program behind it and started mounting their high horses as if they were somehow above all of it. heck, these are the same fans that are constantly whining about how goodell is turning this into a p***y sport by making certain hits illegal and protecting players.

bunch of hypocrites the lot of you

What is the matter with you? You think this sport is about injuring players? It is about playing winning football. If a player plays hard and knocks out an opposing player, it could result in injury or even the end of the career, That is the risk all NFL pros take, and they know it. However, providing a financial incentive - not to just play hard, but to injure opposing players - that crosses the line. That sounds more like what hoodlums and thugs do than what professional football players do

To praise a player by paying him for injuring another player - which could be career ending or even life ending - is just plain sick.
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
What is the matter with you? You think this sport is about injuring players? It is about playing winning football. If a player plays hard and knocks out an opposing player, it could result in injury or even the end of the career, That is the risk all NFL pros take, and they know it. However, providing a financial incentive - not to just play hard, but to injure opposing players - that crosses the line. That sounds more like what hoodlums and thugs do than what professional football players do

To praise a player by paying him for injuring another player - which could be career ending or even life ending - is just plain sick.

but cheering for it is cool, right?
Where is the option for yes, unless it's our team doing it lol?
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Where is the option for yes, unless it's our team doing it lol?

This
Share 49ersWebzone