LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Do you have a problem with paying players a "bounty" to injure opposing players?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you have a problem with paying players a "bounty" to injure opposing players?

Do you believe it is an acceptable strategy to pay players extra money to encourage them to injure and maybe destroy the careers of other players?

Do you think it is OK to pay a bounty to players with the intention of encouraging them to cripple opposing players?
[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:13 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
lol who voted no? You should never go out of your way to hurt another man when it is his and his families livelihood.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM ]
There a bunch of wzers who seem to think this practice is fine; that it is just part of the game. One idiot even cited Darwin in his justification, as if to say... the biggest and strongest - those who can beat up everyone else - are the best players.

What a jerk.
trying to hurt a guy and injure him are different...hurt is knocking the wind out of him, injured is taking knees out

hurt is ok
injured is lame
Originally posted by jreff22:
trying to hurt a guy and injure him are different...hurt is knocking the wind out of him, injured is taking knees out

hurt is ok
injured is lame

By your definitions, I agree.
As ronnie Lott said once and showed with a hit on Mark Bavarro on MNF, Knockin em out is okay, maiming them or permanently injuring them is no! I will go with Ronnie! Remember even in boxing there are limits!
[ Edited by 49ERGLENN on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:44 PM ]
Um, yes. Everyone knows that defenses are out there to hit and make plays, and that sometimes injuries will occur. They also know that some are intended to knock players out of the game. As long as it's not via cheap shots it's acceptable. However, giving under-the-table incentives to purposely injure players is not part of the gentleman's agreement, if you will. It also opens up the possibility of ulterior motives for cheap shots.
Hit a guy like a freight train, but don't leg whip him.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
getting a good hit on someone is one thing. purposely trying to injure a professional athlete is another.
These effing guys get paid enough as it is. The last thing they should need is added compenstion for doing their job. Especially when it encourages dirty play.

They're in deep s**t. Especially with how strict Goodell is about safety. I really hope he lays the law down on the Saints. I'll be pissed if the saints don't lose draft picks and get fined a huge amount. Stupid saints better not get any special treatment
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I personally don't think its that big of a story. Whether teams will admit it or not they are always trying to knock out the other teams best players.
Originally posted by susweel:
I personally don't think its that big of a story. Whether teams will admit it or not they are always trying to knock out the other teams best players.

im all for a legal hit knockout even in planning but an illegal hit knockout or injury like that warren sapp bs he pulled on jerry rice, hell no
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by susweel:

im all for a legal hit knockout even in planning but an illegal hit knockout or injury like that warren sapp bs he pulled on jerry rice, hell no

Yah I dont endorse illegal hits either.
Originally posted by jreff22:

hurt is ok
injured is lame

+1
Share 49ersWebzone