There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ravens cut Chris Carr

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by cciowa:
thank you. I depend on good posters like you to tell me this as i know zero about college football

haha youre welcome man.


Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Definitely....I'm thinking Brandon Boykin or Coryell Judie.

yep or Josh Robinson :D


Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Culliver did pretty well for a rookie who was transitioning from safety in college to CB at the pro level (with a few weeks of training camp and no other off-season program). If he got burned all year as you say, they would've replaced him in a heart beat....they didn't, which means you're over-stating the issue.

Plus, if you don't think a year in the NFL along with a full training camp isn't going to smooth these guys out a little then I'm not sure what to tell you.

thank you Ghost, very frankly stated and truthful.

it's true, though....they had a healthy Spencer for most of the second half of the season and he never saw the field. Sure, CBs are going to get burned, especially young ones. But Culliver made enough plays game-after-game to warrant continued playing time, which is what we saw. And if the FO doesn't sign Rogers you can BET that it's mostly because they feel they can get enough good play out of Culliver at this price compared to what Rogers is asking for.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,006
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Culliver did pretty well for a rookie who was transitioning from safety in college to CB at the pro level (with a few weeks of training camp and no other off-season program). If he got burned all year as you say, they would've replaced him in a heart beat....they didn't, which means you're over-stating the issue.

Plus, if you don't think a year in the NFL along with a full training camp isn't going to smooth these guys out a little then I'm not sure what to tell you.
i do not understand people who do not appreciate or understand the entire team having a full off season , otas and training camp with the same coaches. I am still stunned with what we did with no off season, new coaches and a new system. everyone, if they choose to take part(crabs) will benefit from this
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Culliver did pretty well for a rookie who was transitioning from safety in college to CB at the pro level (with a few weeks of training camp and no other off-season program). If he got burned all year as you say, they would've replaced him in a heart beat....they didn't, which means you're over-stating the issue.

Plus, if you don't think a year in the NFL along with a full training camp isn't going to smooth these guys out a little then I'm not sure what to tell you.
i do not understand people who do not appreciate or understand the entire team having a full off season , otas and training camp with the same coaches. I am still stunned with what we did with no off season, new coaches and a new system. everyone, if they choose to take part(crabs) will benefit from this

Absolutely, which is why if they keep this team relatively in tact, there's absolutely no reason we can't be serious SB contenders. We were pretty much one play away from going anyway, and that's without a TRUE off-season...imagine what JH can do with most of his core guys back, a year of this system under their belts already and a full off-season to integrate this new batch of rookies/free agents????

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 2, 2012 at 9:58 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Originally posted by cciowa:
i do not understand people who do not appreciate or understand the entire team having a full off season , otas and training camp with the same coaches. I am still stunned with what we did with no off season, new coaches and a new system. everyone, if they choose to take part(crabs) will benefit from this
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Absolutely, which is why if they keep this team relatively in tact, there's absolutely no reason we can't be serious SB contenders. We were pretty much one play away from going anyway, and that's without a TRUE off-season...imagine what JH can do with most of his core guys back, a year of this system under their belts already and a full off-season to integrate this new batch of rookies/free agents????


Well said, with a full off season I could really see players like Brock and Culliver stepping up big time. I don't want us to continuously reach for stopgap 1 year veterans but I think with the core of young players that Baalke has put on this roster in the past 2 years plus our superstars were easily SB contenders, we dont need to keep going out and finding the next big thing in FA if a guy like Rogers left.

9ers to SB47!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Culliver did pretty well for a rookie who was transitioning from safety in college to CB at the pro level (with a few weeks of training camp and no other off-season program). If he got burned all year as you say, they would've replaced him in a heart beat....they didn't, which means you're over-stating the issue.

Plus, if you don't think a year in the NFL along with a full training camp isn't going to smooth these guys out a little then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Replaced him with who ?? Brock ?? Spencer was hurt most of year as well, so I dont think we had many options. And "good enough for a rookie" , is NOT something we wanna hang our hats on, esp. with the coming schedule of high rated passers. The kid is decent, and learning, -not yet starting material!! Hope I didnt overstate my point
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Replaced him with who ?? Brock ?? Spencer was hurt most of year as well, so I dont think we had many options. And "good enough for a rookie" , is NOT something we wanna hang our hats on, esp. with the coming schedule of high rated passers. The kid is decent, and learning, -not yet starting material!! Hope I didnt overstate my point

Spencer was hurt for the first 6 weeks of the season, every game after that he was a healthy scratch from every game except the final 2 or 3 and even then he never saw the field. He was inactive for both playoff games, had JH wanted to replace Brock or Culliver he had the option to do so.

And the main point is that I, Ghost or you DO NOT know more then the next guy and all we have to go on is what the FO is putting out there in INK - They've gone on the record and said Culliver could start in 2012 and Brock would have the inside track to the #3 role in the event that Rogers walks. That is what they've said publicly on the record and I'm inclined to believe what JH and Baalke say, because if they don't want anyone to know it they don't say it publicly.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,006
Originally posted by sfout:
Spencer was hurt for the first 6 weeks of the season, every game after that he was a healthy scratch from every game except the final 2 or 3 and even then he never saw the field. He was inactive for both playoff games, had JH wanted to replace Brock or Culliver he had the option to do so.

And the main point is that I, Ghost or you DO NOT know more then the next guy and all we have to go on is what the FO is putting out there in INK - They've gone on the record and said Culliver could start in 2012 and Brock would have the inside track to the #3 role in the event that Rogers walks. That is what they've said publicly on the record and I'm inclined to believe what JH and Baalke say, because if they don't want anyone to know it they don't say it publicly.
agree 100 per cent! the man with the least amount of little red boxes filled wins this round. hell if these coaches say culiver and brock can do the job, who the heck are we to micromanage? you give it to the kids, after a full off season, sign someone like carr and there you go
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Originally posted by cciowa:
agree 100 per cent! the man with the least amount of little red boxes filled wins this round. hell if these coaches say culiver and brock can do the job, who the heck are we to micromanage? you give it to the kids, after a full off season, sign someone like carr and there you go

Haha go me with my lack of filled in red boxes!!
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
s Ravens announced they terminated the contracts of CB Chris Carr and WR Lee Evans and placed RB Ricky Williams on the reserve/retired list.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,306
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
s Ravens announced they terminated the contracts of CB Chris Carr and WR Lee Evans and placed RB Ricky Williams on the reserve/retired list.

Bills got so lucky on that trade, a 4th rounder for 10 games and 200 yards lol.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Culliver did pretty well for a rookie who was transitioning from safety in college to CB at the pro level (with a few weeks of training camp and no other off-season program). If he got burned all year as you say, they would've replaced him in a heart beat....they didn't, which means you're over-stating the issue.

Plus, if you don't think a year in the NFL along with a full training camp isn't going to smooth these guys out a little then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Replaced him with who ?? Brock ?? Spencer was hurt most of year as well, so I dont think we had many options. And "good enough for a rookie" , is NOT something we wanna hang our hats on, esp. with the coming schedule of high rated passers. The kid is decent, and learning, -not yet starting material!! Hope I didnt overstate my point

Let me go on record as saying that if we can re-sign Rogers, we should do it. IMO, that should be option #1. My point was more about, if they can/t/won't resign him, it's either because they feel he's not worth it overall (and can get someone else more reasonably to directly replace him), or they feel Culliver has the "potential" to start in his place.

In that event, signing a guy like Carr takes care of the nickel role, while Brock, Holcomb, Nelms and/or a draft choice rounds out the rest of ranks.

Also, don't under estimate the impact of an improved pass rush on the secondary. Brooks has a nice financial incentive to pile on the sack totals, so you know he's going balls out....and Aldon should only get better (if that's possible) as a starter/potential star.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,006
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
s Ravens announced they terminated the contracts of CB Chris Carr and WR Lee Evans and placed RB Ricky Williams on the reserve/retired list.
i would be way ok with signing carr. i was always a fan of lee evans but something tells me no on him and it has nothing to do with the catch he failed to haul in. now valrod, you are smarter than me so do you think there is any talk between the brothers on evans and carr. i mean do you see jim asking john if carr and or evans have anything left and would they be a good fit in san fran? would that be crossing a line?