There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ravens cut Chris Carr

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
We should take a serious look at Carr as a nickel CB....signing him and starting Culliver/Brown would be much cheaper than re-signing Rogers. Not to mention, Carr is a solid special teamer.

Yea, and like I mentioned above we obviously thought something of him since we targeted him before we signed Rogers. I think he'd be well worth it in the exact role you describe.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
We should take a serious look at Carr as a nickel CB....signing him and starting Culliver/Brown would be much cheaper than re-signing Rogers. Not to mention, Carr is a solid special teamer.

Yea he has experience as a returner and can probably be a gunner too

I could really see us going after him, not just because we did last year but because he has special teams value too, and our team values that
[ Edited by ImaMod on Mar 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

Yea, and like I mentioned above we obviously thought something of him since we targeted him before we signed Rogers. I think he'd be well worth it in the exact role you describe.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran

i agree, basically the same thing i posted lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ImaMod:

i agree, basically the same thing i posted lol

and for everyone!
he would add good depth to our CBs.
Would sign as backup nickel back to Culliver / 4th cornerback

nothing more than that doe

same
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Would sign as backup nickel back to Culliver / 4th cornerback

nothing more than that doe

same

Yep thats the consensus, #4 Vet to push Brock for the #3 and help T. Brown coach up Cully, Brock, and Holcomb.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

would you still take a corner in the draft who can return kicks,, i think if ginn goes, that is a real must
What games did you guys watch last year. Culliver and Brock got BURNED ALL YEAR!!. Neither is ready to start, maybe ina a year or two but now ??? hell no !!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
What games did you guys watch last year. Culliver and Brock got BURNED ALL YEAR!!. Neither is ready to start, maybe ina a year or two but now ??? hell no !!

FO could be blowing smoke but they have said it consistently that they feel differently.

Originally posted by cciowa:
would you still take a corner in the draft who can return kicks,, i think if ginn goes, that is a real must

IMO Carr could be backup KR but we'd look to fix the KR issue in the draft if Ginn walked, or Williams got cut. Stephen Hill can return kicks, Josh Robinson a CB can return kicks, late rounders like WR TJ Graham can return kicks. there are plenty of options to take care of the KR department if either Ginn walked or Williams was cut.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
FO could be blowing smoke but they have said it consistently that they feel differently.

IMO Carr could be backup KR but we'd look to fix the KR issue in the draft if Ginn walked, or Williams got cut. Stephen Hill can return kicks, Josh Robinson a CB can return kicks, late rounders like WR TJ Graham can return kicks. there are plenty of options to take care of the KR department if either Ginn walked or Williams was cut.
thank you. I depend on good posters like you to tell me this as i know zero about college football

Definitely....I'm thinking Brandon Boykin or Coryell Judie.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

Culliver did pretty well for a rookie who was transitioning from safety in college to CB at the pro level (with a few weeks of training camp and no other off-season program). If he got burned all year as you say, they would've replaced him in a heart beat....they didn't, which means you're over-stating the issue.

Plus, if you don't think a year in the NFL along with a full training camp isn't going to smooth these guys out a little then I'm not sure what to tell you.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
thank you. I depend on good posters like you to tell me this as i know zero about college football

haha youre welcome man.

Definitely....I'm thinking Brandon Boykin or Coryell Judie.

yep or Josh Robinson :D

Culliver did pretty well for a rookie who was transitioning from safety in college to CB at the pro level (with a few weeks of training camp and no other off-season program). If he got burned all year as you say, they would've replaced him in a heart beat....they didn't, which means you're over-stating the issue.

Plus, if you don't think a year in the NFL along with a full training camp isn't going to smooth these guys out a little then I'm not sure what to tell you.

thank you Ghost, very frankly stated and truthful.