LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

David Garrard anyone?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
I picked David Garrard of all people because he is a solid qb ,under the radar, and he would be a cheaper option. My dream qbs would be people like Brees, Rodgers, even Eli. I don't know the timeline but I think Kaep will be ready soon. That's why I wouldn't want to tie a lot of money up or sit Alex on the pine again. He is a good dude who has been loyal and true a class act. The NFL however is a business and I would hate to see Alex sit.on.the pine especially if he has a fat contract.

David Garrard wasn't cheap. One of the big reasons why he was cut by the Jaguars last season: his $8+ million per year paycheck.

Yep Garrard wasn't necessarily cut for lack of skill but more so because of money and a knee jerk reaction by the FO and Del Rio in an attempt to jump start the team. Much like they did to Leftwich when they gave the job to Garrard and they went to the playoffs and beat the Steelers, totally didnt work the 2nd time around lol.
Originally posted by sfout:
Yep Garrard wasn't necessarily cut for lack of skill but more so because of money and a knee jerk reaction by the FO and Del Rio in an attempt to jump start the team. Much like they did to Leftwich when they gave the job to Garrard and they went to the playoffs and beat the Steelers, totally didnt work the 2nd time around lol.

Money was a big issue, but Garrard was not that good during the preseason, and he didn't show that he had recovered from earlier injuries. After he was cut, Garrard briefly contemplated signing with another team, but other than a rumored low-ball offer, he didn't get any serious look. Garrard opted for a season-ending surgery instead.
So you'd get garbage out to get garbage in. Alex is mediocre and so is Garrard. At least Alex is still young. Garrard is old AND he sucks.
So you'd get garbage out to get garbage in. Alex is mediocre and so is Garrard. At least Alex is still young. Garrard is old AND he sucks.
In the bizarre case we don't get Smith or Manning, is this guy next on the list?
Lock this? Signed a one year deal with the Dolphins a couple of hours ago.
Share 49ersWebzone