There are 213 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Hines Ward be a Steeler in 2012?

Will Hines Ward be a Steeler in 2012?

There has been a lot of speculation about his future with the team. His cap is at 4 million next year and even though he has agreed to restructure his deal according to NFL.com, he lost alot of snaps last season to Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown and add a younger surging Emanuel Sanders to the equation and you wonder what Hines has left to offer the Steelers.

"On Friday, NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported the Steelers plan to cut the franchise's all-time leading receiver, who recently underwent ankle surgery." That was taken from NFL.com and yes I know it's La Canfora but he's not the first to speculate on this matter.

Will the Steelers do the morally right thing and keep around one of the franchises main cornerstones of nearly the last decade and a half of Steelers football or will they do the business right thing and clear room for the younger, more explosive receivers? If they release him, does Hines Ward have anything left to offer anybody else?
I wouldn't trust La Canf*gg*t
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

I dont but I'm also a Steelers fan but only a tiny bit(which made the game this season that much sweeter when we destroyed the steelers lol) and me and a couple of other steelers fans I know have all known Ward would be gone since around the middle of the year. Even with the "change" to Haley, Ward doesn't fit the plan anymore. He would have to take a pay cut down to the veteran minimum and be content at the #4 or 5 role. Sad to see another hall of famer not be able to finish out his career with his team but this a business and Ward doesn't bring much to the table anymore.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 11, 2012 at 9:46 PM ]
Nope he done
I believe there was word around the league that ward himself had speculation of not being a steeler anymore but not wanting to retire, similar to donald driver who is somewhat in the same boat as hines. But he even seemed uncertain of his future in pittsburgh. I'm sure there's a couple teams that would be willing to take the risk on him, but not sure if we are one of them.
damn phone and its double posting
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Feb 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM ]

Wow, way to keep it classy chief. Nothing like insinuating that being a homosexual is some kind of insult and/or that simply disagreeing with a man's FOOTBALL opinion makes that man a 'f*ggot'.

And, uh, isn't this a SAN FRAN forum? Yeah....
  • Paul
  • Veteran
it's sad to see right now.. Ward keeps saying he will restructure, he wants to remain a steeler, to retire there ect. Pittsburgh has some cap problems, but they are loaded at WR right now and need to get younger. Hines has had a great run, but the Steelers normally don't hold onto anyone past their prime. I'm guessing he will catch on somewhere next season or just retire, hard to say
Originally posted by Paul:
it's sad to see right now.. Ward keeps saying he will restructure, he wants to remain a steeler, to retire there ect. Pittsburgh has some cap problems, but they are loaded at WR right now and need to get younger. Hines has had a great run, but the Steelers normally don't hold onto anyone past their prime. I'm guessing he will catch on somewhere next season or just retire, hard to say

Yeah, they have good young WRs, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace. They just released Arnaz Battle, and restructured Woodley, Timmons and Ike Taylor, clearing up over 18M.
Hines Ward and Peyton Manning in one offseason?!
Originally posted by jojomellon:

Wow, way to keep it classy chief. Nothing like insinuating that being a homosexual is some kind of insult and/or that simply disagreeing with a man's FOOTBALL opinion makes that man a 'f*ggot'.

Damn son.

Who pissed in your Cheerios?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Damn son.

for real someone got a little too mad

Canfora is always wrong doe
Originally posted by ImaMod:

Damn son.

for real someone got a little too mad

Canfora is always wrong doe

lol this lol
the 49ers starting receiver in 2012...
Originally posted by hofer36:
the 49ers starting receiver in 2012...

lol