There are 194 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Random Mc Nabb question

Is his career over now? Or do you think he might be able to still play for another team?
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Is his career over now? Or do you think he might be able to still play for another team?

McNabb is done, the McRib lives to fight again
  • Paul
  • Veteran
"I see three teams in the NFL, right now, that I feel like I can add a little bit of flavor to it from what they have," McNabb said. "I won't mention those teams. But, if the phone rings, there will be a lot of decisions to make on that."

"A lot of people take a lot of things from this game," he said. "They take away a Super Bowl ring, they take away an opportunity to play with Hall of Fame players. When I walk away from the game, I take a little bit of everything."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/01/mcnabb-doesnt-sound-ready-to-retire/

I personally would like to see him continue as a back up somewhere, but guessing if he's not a starter he will be done
  • vaden
  • Veteran
He can do it but doubt he has the work ethic for it. He needs to start training hard and drop 30 pounds. I still say him getting tired in the Super Bowl is one of the NFL's worst moments. And he's in far worse shape now.
about this time last year werent many on this board calling for him to be the qb for the 49ers?
He Will get one last shot an be cut in training camp, he will then retire
Originally posted by hofer36:
about this time last year werent many on this board calling for him to be the qb for the 49ers?

yep.

I was one of them, but as a back up. I dont know how much he wants , but if he's starting to get greedy, well, that's just his problem.

Much like Gerrard. Since he used to be a starter,he wants starter money, even though he's really a backup.
Originally posted by hofer36:

Which was bizarre considering that it was Shanahan who benched him. QBs that Shanahan let go never amounted to much.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
yep.

I was one of them, but as a back up. I dont know how much he wants , but if he's starting to get greedy, well, that's just his problem.

Much like Gerrard. Since he used to be a starter,he wants starter money, even though he's really a backup.

McNabb actually got backup money with the Vikings (around $4 million I think), but he was done mentally and physically.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
McLazy will have to backup somewhere. He's too old, simple as that, if I had to pick a QB from the lack-of-work-ethic group, I'd pick Vince Young because he is young enough, he's the same almost the same age as Alex and has a mentality of wanting to succeed but no work ethic. The stupid adage of "just being a winner" applies to VY. Work ethic can be changed but not age.

McNabb will be 35 next season, he'd be lucky to to sign a 3 year backup deal for $10 and if he is lucky enough sign other 3 year deal after that just like Mark Brunnell pulling every dime he could out of the jets.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 8, 2012 at 11:15 AM ]
He's McDone, McToast, McFinitto, McByeBye
McChoke will never have the opportunity to choke in a game again. enjoy the CFL, choketard.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
He Will get one last shot an be cut in training camp, he will then retire

this
mcnabb should sing with terrell owens indoor football league team...reunited and it feels so goood
[ Edited by hofer36 on Feb 9, 2012 at 8:29 AM ]