LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

If the 49ers played against the Patriots last night what outcome would you have expected?

Shop 49ers game tickets

If the 49ers played against the Patriots last night what outcome would you have expected?

Let's be honest....the Patriots didn't bring their A game last night (neither did the Giants)....it was especially evident with Gronk not at full 100%.....

So do you guys think that if we played them really well.....would we even had a chance to win?

I say we would have won a close one.

49ers win easily, which makes not being there even harder
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
49ers win easily, which makes not being there even harder

i feel your pain jim.
Patriots defense is mediocre at best.

Their offense is mediocre at best, but Brady can fit it in there sometimes. He was under pressure for the second time this year and look what happened;
safety, interception, ballgame.
Won. Their defense sucks cock and our Defense would of done a better job than the Giants. Justin Smith probably would of sacked Tom like 17 times.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
easy win IMO
Before I answer I need to know if Ginn would be playing?
Niners would have won. Niners were better than both teams.

Pretty garbage matchup. Pats were beneficiaries of a cakewalk schedule. Giants got every lucky break in the book (faced ATL-worst team in the NFC playoffs, played GB 4 days after OC's son dies, played SF and were gift-wrapped two muffed punts to seal a win, played NE-fall on all three of their fumbles, get a bogus safety called on Brady).

Really frustrating, just when I finally got over SF not making it.

This was our year, and the Giants stole it by having a f**king four leaf clover jammed up their a$$es
  • JDog
  • Veteran
This was the one that got away!
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
We would have won.We had the linebackers to cover their TE's and we would have got pressure on Brady to make him nervous.

The fact that their running game was non-existent and Gronk was hobbling everywhere made it harder to watch. Shoulda, coulda, woulda.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

Pretty garbage matchup. Pats were beneficiaries of a cakewalk schedule. Giants got every lucky break in the book (faced ATL-worst team in the NFC playoffs, played GB 4 days after OC's son dies, played SF and were gift-wrapped two muffed punts to seal a win, played NE-fall on all three of their fumbles, get a bogus safety called on Brady).

This was our year, and the Giants stole it by having a f**king four leaf clover jammed up their a$$es

This x infinity!
If the 49ers were in Indy last night trying to play the Pats? I expect the outcome would have been - security removing the 49ers from the field, telling them they weren't supposed to be there.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
9ers would've OWNED the Patriots last night, Patrick Willis would've had the time of his life covering a broken Gronkowski. No one on their defense could match up with Vernon Davis, Smith probably would had another 3 TD passes.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

This x infinity!

Forgot the Giants biggest break against the Pats:

An injured, completely ineffective Rob Gronkowski.

God what a s**tty super bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone