LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

Where will Peyton Manning Play next year

Shop 49ers game tickets

Where will Peyton Manning Play next year

Where is Peyton going to play? Answer: a physical therapy clinic! http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts-neck-injury-slow-progress-may-never-play-again-013012 sucks for him doe
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Minnesota him and Singletary will own the film room

Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by mike:
We have a fantastic o-line? Alex got sacked 44 times, Peyton rarely gets sacked much more than 20. I can't name many teams with a great o-line/overall team that don't already have a pretty decent quarterback. Other than the colts.

colts have a pretty bad offensive line. What prevents those sacks is Peyton's presnap reads and directions as well as his ability to get rid of the ball as fast as anyone I've seen
I swear I wish I could steal his mental knowledge and anticipation while on the field and apply it to Alex, man could you imagine how unstoppable we'd be?

Think about our 3rd down conversions and how we get blitzed on them so often cause they think he's scared

Peyton Manning is a fundamentally sound QB, I hope he is able to safely return for the sake of his career although it doesn't seem like so, you'd hate to see someone of his game stop at a point like this...
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Jan 31, 2012 at 9:03 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Alex had to make the plays to win the games in Philly, Detroit, and Seattle. Plus, the Saints game... are you kidding me?

I agree that our offense wasn't GREAT, but a 13-3 team is a 13-3 TEAM.

nope, our offense was miserable. sure there were a few good plays, but that should be the norm, not the exception.

the only thing our offense did well this year was holding on to the ball.
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
I swear I wish I could steal his mental knowledge and anticipation while on the field and apply it to Alex, man could you imagine how unstoppable we'd be?

Think about our 3rd down conversions and how we get blitzed on them so often cause they think he's scared

Peyton Manning is a fundamentally sound QB, I hope he is able to safely return for the sake of his career although it doesn't seem like so, you'd hate to see someone of his game stop at a point like this...

or better yet, we could get peyton to replace alex...
Arizona, Kevin kolb will play for the redskins
#FACTS
Originally posted by jason330i:
or better yet, we could get peyton to replace alex...

You'd have to assume he's not healthy enough, if he's let go in the manner people are indicating.
Looks like The New OC for the Colts might have dropped a hint

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Colts new OC Bruce Arians: "Hopefully Peyton can come back and get ready to go. But, there will be a new quarterback and a new beginning."
Cardinals seem to be primed up to make a run at him. I don't see him going to the skins b/c of the Shanahan's
Originally posted by lamontb:
Cardinals seem to be primed up to make a run at him. I don't see him going to the skins b/c of the Shanahan's

Peyton to the Cards
Kolb to the Redskins
Flynn to the Dolphins
Luck to the Colts
RGIII to the Browns

Colts.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Colts.

theres no chance of that happening.
If it was an option I would have picked.............Online.........as in on his couch with his Xbox/PS3
Why are the 49ers not an option to choose in the poll?

Talking heads around the NFL think that San Francisco is the best destination for him. Of all the teams that need a QB upgrade, we are CLEARLY the best team. I pray to God this happens. Peyton is my favorite QB of all time (who wasnt a 49er). He would instantly improve our passing game, even with minimal upgrades to the WRs. If we hope to win a Superbowl during this window of dominant defense, our offense needs to improve.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Why are the 49ers not an option to choose in the poll?

Talking heads around the NFL think that San Francisco is the best destination for him. Of all the teams that need a QB upgrade, we are CLEARLY the best team. I pray to God this happens. Peyton is my favorite QB of all time (who wasnt a 49er). He would instantly improve our passing game, even with minimal upgrades to the WRs. If we hope to win a Superbowl during this window of dominant defense, our offense needs to improve.

Nevermind
[ Edited by GodismyLight on Feb 1, 2012 at 9:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone