There are 131 users in the forums

Where will Peyton Manning Play next year

Shop 49ers game tickets

Where will Peyton Manning Play next year

Where will Peyton Manning go in 2012? If I had to bet, it would be the Seattle Seahawks. They have a ton of cap room and almost nothing committed to Quarterbacks. Very soft schedule with their two hardest 2012 non-divisional games (Packers, Pats, Jets) at home in Seattle where home-field advantage is huge.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
If the colts don't want him, then he either retires or plays for a contender. i doubt he goes to a team that is not ready to compete for a SB immediately. So of those options, the only one is the Jets.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's done stick a fork in him.
Originally posted by Amir:
If the colts don't want him, then he either retires or plays for a contender. i doubt he goes to a team that is not ready to compete for a SB immediately. So of those options, the only one is the Jets.

Outside of the QB position, Seattle is pretty good. They also have a super duper soft schedule in 2012 that should get them at least a wild card and I expect them to give us a run for our money in 2012 as a result. All of the difficult oppoents they're scheduled to play are at home and all the easy teams are on the road.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
My gut says.... he gets released. Then he signs with the Texans. Which makes Texans instantly a favorite in the AFC. He'd get to compete for Superbowl and also get to play Indy twice a year.

Schaub has only been healthy 2 out of 5 years with the Texans. He gets released and signs with Bucs.

Josh Freeman to Jax or ST. Loius as backup.
Originally posted by krizay:
My gut says.... he gets released. Then he signs with the Texans. Which makes Texans instantly a favorite in the AFC. He'd get to compete for Superbowl and also get to play Indy twice a year.

Schaub has only been healthy 2 out of 5 years with the Texans. He gets released and signs with Bucs.

Wow - never thought of any of that but see it other than the Freeman thing.
Originally posted by susweel:
He's done stick a fork in him.

this.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I think he'll retire, but would love to see him go to Miami and take over that division, prevent Brady & Belichick from any further SBs and keep Rex out of the playoffs. I think he'd avoid the NFC at all costs, not wanting to compete with his brother.
Cardinals are stupid enough to do it.
  • mike
  • Veteran
He'll retire if he ever wants to toss the ball around with his kids. Neck injuries are serious I think if he injures it again he could end up paralyzed or something like that.

Talk about a pipe dream scenario.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Talk about a pipe dream scenario.

I think the Houston thing might come into fruition because he would face the colts twice a year and HOU>IND as is....so why not
Originally posted by mike:
He'll retire if he ever wants to toss the ball around with his kids. Neck injuries are serious I think if he injures it again he could end up paralyzed or something like that.

Same, I think he'll retire and/or quit soon enough.
he still wants one more ring so i think he will go somewhere with a fantastic O-line, a power running game, and just an overall good team.

49ers fit that description but its a very farfetched idea

Trust me he will be back for one more run
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he still wants one more ring so i think he will go somewhere with a fantastic O-line, a power running game, and just an overall good team.

49ers fit that description but its a very farfetched idea

Trust me he will be back for one more run
We have a fantastic o-line? Alex got sacked 44 times, Peyton rarely gets sacked much more than 20. I can't name many teams with a great o-line/overall team that don't already have a pretty decent quarterback. Other than the colts.
Share 49ersWebzone