LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 177 users in the forums

worst. super bowl. evar.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Originally posted by mike:
yeah I won't be watching either. I'm going to a boring wedding that probably won't even have alcohol :/

That pisses me off that woman should be shot.Number one who gets married in feb and on superbowl sundayAnd have no alcohol on top of it i would love to meet this woman just to b***h slap her.Sorry if shes a close fiend but she is the biggest ass in the world.

Well, he's whipped for letting it happen! And now as a reminder, every year he'll have to put some time away for that day. Hopefully, she won't want to celebrate it on Sundays. At least I had my 1st wedding in March so not to interrupt the season. Also had a 49ers ice sculpture at the cocktail hour.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Agreed.

But go Giants anyway.

Will not watch btw.

how can you say "Go Giants" after that NFC title game ? Unless you meant the Original Giants, the San Francisco Giants
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Agreed.

But go Giants anyway.

Will not watch btw.

how can you say "Go Giants" after that NFC title game ? Unless you meant the Original Giants, the San Francisco Giants

I can think of two reasons:

1. It validates they really were better, they deserved to be there, and we didn't get screwed.

2. The Pats don't need to keep getting closer to our 5 lombardi's.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Agreed.

But go Giants anyway.

Will not watch btw.

1. It validates they really were better, they deserved to be there, and we didn't get screwed.

The Giants will be 4-1 in super bowls if they win while the patriots would be 4-3. It's a lose-lose situation any way you want to slice it.
both teams deserve to be there, go back at history at look at past afc/nfc title games and you'll see lots of teams who squeaked out wins, some is some pretty crazy fashion, doesnt mean they dont deserve to be there
There's no way I'm NOT watching the Bowch. You can't call yourself a fan of football and not watch this game.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Agreed.

But go Giants anyway.

Will not watch btw.

The Giants will be 4-1 in super bowls if they win while the patriots would be 4-3. It's a lose-lose situation any way you want to slice it.

We will pass the pats next year and in the years to come. No way I can root for ny giants after that NFC title.
What does make this a bad super bowl is We Should be playing in it

One reason Super Bowl 25 sucked too
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I just watched espn for the first time since we lost the nfcc...and I can't even tell you guys how I felt watching some of the media day highlights. It killed me! We should f**king be there! Ughhhh
Originally posted by pelos21:
There's no way I'm NOT watching the Bowch. You can't call yourself a fan of football and not watch this game.

watch me

Agreed.

But go Giants anyway.

Will not watch btw.

We will pass the pats next year and in the years to come. No way I can root for ny giants after that NFC title.

Why not? It's not like they cheated. WE LOST. It's time to move on.

And I'm not 'rooting' for the Giants in the traditional sense. But I am rooting against the Patriots, partly because of the reasons Janitor mentioned but mostly because of the fact that they deserve to be in the the SB less than any team in recent memory.

Think about it.

1. They have no running game.

2. They have possibly the worst defense statistically to ever make it to a SB.

3. They didn't beat a winning team besides Denver until they got to the playoffs, and they by all intents and purposes should have lost to the Ravens.

They have a passing game. That's it. If they win, you can bet we'll hear the entire offseason that a good defense is not necessary to win SBs. f**k that arena league crap. IMO, the NFL needs to shift back to "balanced teams win championships", not this pass-happy record breaking yardage bulls**t.

That's why I would prefer the Giants win. It has nothing to do with the 49ers and how they fumbled away the NFC Title game. You can't fault the Giants for that. They beat us in much the same way we beat everyone else this year.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jan 31, 2012 at 8:29 PM ]
im just tuning in and out just to see the score. its funny how they show the highlight of the giants getting into the sb, they show mannings td to manningham then tynes gift of a fg then cut to them celebrating and f**k ass cruz saying im going to the sb who wouldve thought. they should be showing that idiots williams 2 gifts he gave them to get in the sb. im 100% confident we win 14-10 or 14-13 if that f**ker doesnt make those crucial errors i just cant believe our season ended as soon as ginn dropped to the ground
u read my mind! i am not pysched for this superbowl like i usually am =/

both teams dont deserve it
Originally posted by pelos21:

This.

If we failed to make the playoffs we would all be watching this game. Why should our losing the NFCC change anything?

I do get the anger that two rather "fortunate" teams are making it, but it is what it is.

BTW, in Giants' fans' minds this is "payback" for the '02 Wildcard game with the pass interference call that wasn't. I rationalize that had the guy caught it with no interference (major assumption that he would have caught it) they lose the game as time would have expired after that slow ass linemen was tackled (not to mention when you blow a 24 point lead, you don't really "deserve" to win). So despite the call going against them, had it went their way that would have been ONE SUPER LUCKY ASS WAY TO WIN A GAME.......botched FG snap, super close to sacking the holder, a lucky heave that managed to get in the vicinity of a bunch of linemen at the 15 yard line......LOL.

However, these guys felt they were ROBBED......and guess what:

Now we are f**** even.

Anyways, I know it's hard to pick a team in this game. In '07 I was all in for the Giants as they truly were the dogs back then, I lost my hate for 'em, and who could stand the Patriots THAT YEAR of all years??

Now it's sorta like the script has been flipped. And for there to be almost a carbon copy of wildcard playoff success, it's starting to become nauseating to see with the Giants success.

Let Brady have his 4th. To those that think a brady win would mean "defenses are irrelevant".....well, if that's the case, the NFC team would have been Saints or Packers and they were knocked the f*** out.

Ravens should have won the game, but the fact that it was as close as it was may mean that the Patriots are better than we think they are.

Should be an interesting game and worth watching.
Agreed.

But go Giants anyway.

Will not watch btw.

Why not? It's not like they cheated. WE LOST. It's time to move on.

And I'm not 'rooting' for the Giants in the traditional sense. But I am rooting against the Patriots, partly because of the reasons Janitor mentioned but mostly because of the fact that they deserve to be in the the SB less than any team in recent memory.

Think about it.

1. They have no running game.

2. They have possibly the worst defense statistically to ever make it to a SB.

3. They didn't beat a winning team besides Denver until they got to the playoffs, and they by all intents and purposes should have lost to the Ravens.

They have a passing game. That's it. If they win, you can bet we'll hear the entire offseason that a good defense is not necessary to win SBs. f**k that arena league crap. IMO, the NFL needs to shift back to "balanced teams win championships", not this pass-happy record breaking yardage bulls**t.

That's why I would prefer the Giants win. It has nothing to do with the 49ers and how they fumbled away the NFC Title game. You can't fault the Giants for that. They beat us in much the same way we beat everyone else this year.

It's also a thing about the Joe Montana vs Tom Brady if Brady wins again the talking heads would continue to be on Brady's nuts and start saying he's better than Montana, we would never hear the end of it. If Brady loses again than it puts the argument to rest once and for all, which it should've been after 2007 but people on ESPN still are convinced Brady is the better and more clutch QB. The biggest reason I want NE to lose is that argument aside from that it's also because they're a one dimensional team, that lacks a run game,defense and possibly special teams.
Share 49ersWebzone