LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 200 users in the forums

I just don't get it

Shop 49ers game tickets
I just don't get the desire for this NY vs. NE rematch by the media, the east coast, and whoever else. I personally think the Patriots will win this time around, but those looking for revenge from 2007, I don't know this just wouldn't do it for me. The Giants spoiled an undefeated season for the Pats that year, and to me there's no redemption for that other than spoiling an undefeated season for the Giants in the Super Bowl and that probably won't ever happen. Just my thoughts.
it's super bowl hype. just like if the Niners would have won today they would be talkign about Brady and Belichek becoming the greatest qb/coach duo since bill Walsh /Montana. And how fitting it is that Brady is going for his 4th super bowl vs the Niners.
As expected, the Sports Media is now labeling Eli "ELITE". -Eli didn't even prove s**t in that game against us to deserve any credit towards "Elite" status, he couldn't even drive the ball down field on two desperate drives in OT; that's not "Elite".
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
You don't get the hype by a media basically comprised of people from the NE about the SB featuring Boston and NY? It was exciting last time because of the undefeated season, but now? I can't remember caring less about a SB in recent memory. Maybe Pitt/ Seattle.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
As expected, the Sports Media is now labeling Eli "ELITE". -Eli didn't even prove s**t in that game against us to deserve any credit towards "Elite" status, he couldn't even drive the ball down field on two desperate drives in OT; that's not "Elite".
This.
I care about any Super Bowl that Pitt is involved in, I always want them to lose. I want us to get back ahead of them and stay there in Super Bowl wins.
Originally posted by communist:
This.

The way the Giants finished down the stretch and made it to the Super Bowl as a Wild Card team playing arguably the Best Offense and the Best Defense at on the Road? I think he's now a ring away from fully securing the "elite" label. Eli enters my Top 5 if he pulls this one off.

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Eli Manning?

Honorable Mention: Roethlisberger
[ Edited by sf49ersx11 on Jan 23, 2012 at 2:19 PM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran

To be fair he DID throw for 300+ yards on us with his running game getting what, less than 60 yards?
ratings
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
The way the Giants finished down the stretch and made it to the Super Bowl as a Wild Card team playing arguably the Best Offense and the Best Defense at on the Road? I think he's now a ring away from fully securing the "elite" label. Eli enters my Top 5 if he pulls this one off.

Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
Eli Manning?

Honorable Mention: Roethlisberger
Interesting, Roethli gets a honorable mention (sounds like Nr. 6) though he won 2 SBs and played in a third one...but if Eli wins, he'll be in the top5? Sorry but both franchises got very good defenses and can run the ball. And Eli has very good receivers around him.
So, if one wanna call Eli=Elite, he has to mention Ben as well.

Originally posted by Ether:

To be fair he DID throw for 300+ yards on us with his running game getting what, less than 60 yards?
Throw a lot of but who cares about that? He was only a little bit (=W) better than Alex.

Originally posted by Ether:

To be fair didn't he have a sh!tload of attempts. If Alex threw the ball 60 times he would have 300+ so the whole to be fair argument is not really a indicator of how well a qb performed
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
To be fair didn't he have a sh!tload of attempts. If Alex threw the ball 60 times he would have 300+ so the whole to be fair argument is not really a indicator of how well a qb performed

Exactly. It's laughable how much Eli is praised for throwing for 120 more yards on 32 more attempts. Even Blaine Gabbert could do that,
Originally posted by vaden:
Exactly. It's laughable how much Eli is praised for throwing for 120 more yards on 32 more attempts. Even Blaine Gabbert could do that,

Easy now...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by vaden:

Easy now...

at least he didn't say Alex Smith could do that.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
[ Edited by vaden on Jan 28, 2012 at 8:53 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone