There are 151 users in the forums

How stupid does Singletary feel right now?

Shop 49ers game tickets
he will never be more than a linebackers coach for the rest of his life hahah
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I think this thread is classless and unnecessary.

Singletary was not completely to blame for his failure. He took over for a failed Nolan regime without ever being a coordinator first. He never learned what it took to develop/manage, a game plan. He was placed into a bad situation and I think he did pretty darn good with what he had.

Where he failed, in my opinion, was his stubbornness. I feel that potential offensive coordinator candidates did not buy into Singletary's offensive scheme (because it was far to simple), thus he was stuck with the only OC who would take the job; Mr. "Who is Yahoo"?!

I give Singletary credit for making our players tough, mentally and physically, but that's it.

So, do we need to start a thread to belittle him? He was a great player, a great position coach; he just doesn't know the X's and O's to be a coordinator, much less a head coach. But, give him time to learn it, if he still has the desire to do so.

I thank Singletary for his dedication to and hard work to my Niners while he was here. His time was just too early. It is not his fault that Jed made an emotional decision to offer him the job.

Give the man a break.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Nice username choice

He should change it to LawrencePhillips
We would have been undefeated with Singletary was still coach. Harbaugh did a good job filling in though.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I think this thread is classless and unnecessary.

Singletary was not completely to blame for his failure. He took over for a failed Nolan regime without ever being a coordinator first. He never learned what it took to develop/manage, a game plan. He was placed into a bad situation and I think he did pretty darn good with what he had.

Where he failed, in my opinion, was his stubbornness. I feel that potential offensive coordinator candidates did not buy into Singletary's offensive scheme (because it was far to simple), thus he was stuck with the only OC who would take the job; Mr. "Who is Yahoo"?!

I give Singletary credit for making our players tough, mentally and physically, but that's it.

So, do we need to start a thread to belittle him? He was a great player, a great position coach; he just doesn't know the X's and O's to be a coordinator, much less a head coach. But, give him time to learn it, if he still has the desire to do so.

I thank Singletary for his dedication to and hard work to my Niners while he was here. His time was just too early. It is not his fault that Jed made an emotional decision to offer him the job.

Give the man a break.

agreed. I'm sure he feels bad because he is missing out, but probably proud at the same time considering he really did help turn some of these guys around. Remember he was the one that got through to VD. In a way I was sad to Sing get axed, I still respect the hell out of him
^
That
Share 49ersWebzone