There are 238 users in the forums

NFL Insider Rob Lowe: Peyton Manning to retire...

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I wouldn't be surprised if he did retire. I heard something along the lines of if he takes the wrong hit to the head/neck he could get paralyzed or something. Would be cool if he was hired as Head Coach of the Colts!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bill Simmons @sportsguy

Today, Rob Lowe announced Peyton Manning's retirement and Mark Wahlberg announced he could have stopped 9/11. Your move, Liam Neeson.

what the ...............

Damn, I hate the Colts but ........WTF

Peyton was like his own OC as a QB.
I dont know. Lets say you are Peyton. With all you have achieved, all the money you have earned. Would you go back and risk being paralysed for the rest of your life? To achieve what? To keep the seat warm for the new boy wonder, around whom they will be looking to rebuild?

Why?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Fake Bo Pelini@FauxPelini

Ally Sheedy announced Ed Reed will miss Sunday's Ravens game.
This is what I would do if I were in Peyton's situation, neck injury taken all season to recover from and still not over it yet, could risk paralysis. Retire and after rehab, maybe pursue coaching with the Colts, start out as a QB coach and work your way up from there.
You forget how close Lowe is to Irsay.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bob Kravitz @bkravitz

The scotch may start flowing early tonight. Seriously, I'm chasing a rumor that was started by @RobLowe? Not dismissing anything, though.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Wayne Drehs @espnWD

Trying to reach Mark Paul Gosselaar to find out about Alfonso Soriano trade rumors.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Awful Announcing @awfulannouncing

RT @greggdoyelcbs: Say ... @RobLowe is literally the FIRST person@JimIrsay followed on Twitter. I wonder who Lowe's source is?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora

Ran the Rob Lowe Peyton Manning tweet past Manning's agent, Tom Condon, a little while ago. Was first he'd heard of it and said if ...

Manning was retiring it was news to him. I told Tom I had a feeling this wouldn't be the last call he got on this topic
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont think he ever plays again.

that is INSANE

this guy hasn't had a decline in performance

Neither did Steve Young. That's what a serious injury can do to you...especially when you don't have the team to take you to the SB to make it worthwhile.
I believe Lowe as much as I believe that doot got that MILF
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I believe Lowe as much as I believe that doot got that MILF

haha
Ever see him as Eddie Nero on Californication? That mofo is crayyyyy lmao
Share 49ersWebzone