There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

It had to be asked eventually...so... "Do you still wish we drafted Rogers over Smith

It had to be asked eventually...so... "Do you still wish we drafted Rogers over Smith

Even if Rodgers turned out to be better than Smith in the first few years, he might have asked for a trade instead of suffering under Nolan or Singletary.
Acc to yesterday: Wouldnt refuse it. He was the only player on the offense who did his job well (and his o-line).
the sane & correct answer is yes,but that ship has left port years ago.no need to revisit it.
Dilfer over Montana
I feel more comfortable with Smith and our supporting cast then Rodgers and a bunch of question marks because it is absolutely impossible to predict what we would look like had we picked Rodgers.

Let's say Rodgers did pan out. We won a couple more games every year, made the playoffs when we couldn't with Alex. Well that means we might not have Vernon Davis, Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Jim Harbaugh. I think as it stands right now we are in better position to build a dynasty then we would be if we hit a home run with Rodgers and he overcame all odds and became an elite qb for us. Not too mention that elite qb contract is going to take a toll on other areas. That's assuming he overcame all of our bad management too.

In a redraft situation of course you'd take Rodgers over Smith. He's the better qb by a mile, but in the end we might actually be a better football team because we took the worse qb and underachieved and mismanaged him on top of that.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I feel more comfortable with Smith and our supporting cast then Rodgers and a bunch of question marks because it is absolutely impossible to predict what we would look like had we picked Rodgers.

Let's say Rodgers did pan out. We won a couple more games every year, made the playoffs when we couldn't with Alex. Well that means we might not have Vernon Davis, Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Jim Harbaugh. I think as it stands right now we are in better position to build a dynasty then we would be if we hit a home run with Rodgers and he overcame all odds and became an elite qb for us. Not too mention that elite qb contract is going to take a toll on other areas. That's assuming he overcame all of our bad management too.

In a redraft situation of course you'd take Rodgers over Smith. He's the better qb by a mile, but in the end we might actually be a better football team because we took the worse qb and underachieved and mismanaged him on top of that.

No because the team would have worn yellow pants
Originally posted by 16to87:
the sane & correct answer is yes,but that ship has left port years ago.no need to revisit it.

lol says the guy who digs up an 8 month old thread
Yes, but i'm already over this s**t
Dumb bump is still dumb.