There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jeff Fisher to the Rams.

Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i would be more worried if they would have signed the panthers oc

This

Retread coaches are rarely successful in their second stints.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Damn the Rams are not going to suck anymore, this is not good for the 49ers

I think the more competition we have, the better. It makes our team better, our coaches better, etc.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,427
For everyone worried about Fisher:

Has 6 winning seasons in 16 seasons as head coach. 5-6 in the playoffs (3 of his 5 playoff appearances are one and done & twice when they were the #1 seed), no playoff appearance since 2008 and no playoff wins since 2003.
btw miami
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Damn the Rams are not going to suck anymore, this is not good for the 49ers

I think the more competition we have, the better. It makes our team better, our coaches better, etc.

but I like seeing the 49ers murder the Rams! haha
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i would be more worried if they would have signed the panthers oc

This

Retread coaches are rarely successful in their second stints.

I wouldn't really consider him a retread. You have to either have stunk for a while / never really had success to really carry that title.

Carroll, Mularkey, and Gailey were considered retreads. Calling Fisher a retread is almost like calling Bill Cowher a retread. Doesn't really fit.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
i would be more worried if they would have signed the panthers oc

This

Retread coaches are rarely successful in their second stints.
Bill Belichick, Tom Coughlin, Dick Vermeil, Jon Gruden.. since 2000 all have won SB's in their 2nd stints. I guess it depends on your definition of retread. I think Fisher was the right guy to turn things around.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,954
Rumor has it he's bringing Gregg Williams of the Saints with him. Wouldn't that be something.
They're going to move to LA and he's going to get depressed
Originally posted by FL9er:
Rumor has it he's bringing Gregg Williams of the Saints with him. Wouldn't that be something.

i hope this rumor will have a negative effect on the saint tomorrow
Originally posted by FL9er:
Rumor has it he's bringing Gregg Williams of the Saints with him. Wouldn't that be something.

Personally, I think Gregg Williams' defenses are more hype than substance.

Sure he brings the pressure basically every down. So what? The Saints haven't sacked anybody in weeks.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,427
Originally posted by zillabeast:
They're going to move to LA and he's going to get depressed

Why would he? He is from that area...
Originally posted by Jcool:
For everyone worried about Fisher:

Has 6 winning seasons in 16 seasons as head coach. 5-6 in the playoffs (3 of his 5 playoff appearances are one and done & twice when they were the #1 seed), no playoff appearance since 2008 and no playoff wins since 2003.

You have to consider what Fisher did with the Oilers/Titans. He took a team that was relocating, and full of rookies its first two years into a 13-3 team and Super Bowl contender. He's still a winning coach overall, with very few noticeably poor seasons.
I'll wait and see who he keeps and the new coaches he'll bring in before judging too much. On the surface, it's a decent hiring for STL. But as mentioned already, Bradford with another OC and taking over one of the worst teams in the league. Might take 2-3 years before they even hit the .500 record. By then, he'll probably get fired though. Sucks to be a Rams fan.