LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Raiders Fire Hue Jackson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by verb1der:
WELCOME BACK JON GRUDEN!

He actually might be a decent choice.

But I think he wants too much money. I see the Raiders going with a young coach, someone like Gruden, but willing to come at a bargain price.
Originally posted by Joecool:
LOL, and the Raiders are stuck with rotten groceries. That franchise always come through with some dumb s**t. I'm just pissed of the timing. That's all we are going to hear now and I want to hear all Niners.

Same thing that happened when the Niners big win against DET was overshadowed by the Palmer trade a day or so later. That's all they talked about on 95.7 and KNBR.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Seriously who do you guys think McKenzie hires as HC from GB? The Pack could get cleaned out by this hire, they could end up losing Winston Moss, Joe Philbin and/or Tom Clements.
Good news for Raiders fans, McKenzie is actually cleaning out the organization and dumping Senile Al's lackey's and overhauling the coaching staff as well. Oakland might actually become a competently run organization. I reserve the right to take back everything I've said if they hire Mike Single....err....Winston Moss as their next head coach.
Originally posted by VDSF:
Winston Churchill?

He's basically Mike Singletary all over again. Motivational guy, linebackers coach who picked up the assistant head coach moniker, has never called plays.

Have fun Oakland!
Absolutely the right move. The guy was trying to run the entire franchise and had completely overstepped his authority since Davis' death. The Raiders need to start clean in this new era and a continued power struggle would have only hurt them more in the long run.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Seriously who do you guys think McKenzie hires as HC from GB? The Pack could get cleaned out by this hire, they could end up losing Winston Moss, Joe Philbin and/or Tom Clements.

Winston Moss
Originally posted by valrod33:
Who is gonna wanna coach that team, especially if they only give you one year?

well now they have a GM and al davis is dead so it's not so bad anymore
Originally posted by captveg:
Absolutely the right move. The guy was trying to run the entire franchise and had completely overstepped his authority since Davis' death. The Raiders need to start clean in this new era and a continued power struggle would have only hurt them more in the long run.

I viewed that as a good thing.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Winston Moss
Think the same. He has a little bit of experience at HCoaching due to his "assistant HC"-duties. And he is defensive-minded.
Philbin and Clements are offensive-minded and the latter one didnt prove anything else though he could installed as their OC. Bring in Matt Flynn, build a WCO, there you go.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm still pissed of the timing of all this. Raiders taking the 49ers air time.

lol c'mon!

We are in the dogleg of our bye-week in the freaking NFL playoffs! If the SF Giants were in the playoffs, you would hear maybe a few minutes of ANY A's news.
hhaha...on the Raiders message board their is a thread stating Palmer will be traded to the Seachickens for a first rounder and they will pick up Flynn. No one in their right mind is giving up a 1st rounder for Palmer. Maybe a 4th. But that is about it.
McKenzie didn't fire Hue. It was Mark Davis.

According to CSN.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Jan 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Think the same. He has a little bit of experience at HCoaching due to his "assistant HC"-duties. And he is defensive-minded.
Philbin and Clements are offensive-minded and the latter one didnt prove anything else though he could installed as their OC. Bring in Matt Flynn, build a WCO, there you go.

Not happening. Raiders gave up 2 firsts for Palmer and they cant have both on the roster. Palmer is the Raiders QB at lest one more year.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Winston Moss will be the new coach. Book it.

"Lots of women think I'm sexy and I should be on the cover of a romance novel...When I'm the new head coach of the Raiders, there ain't gonna be anything sexy about it..."
Share 49ersWebzone