LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Raiders Fire Hue Jackson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Who is gonna wanna coach that team, especially if they only give you one year?

exactly. What are they on their 10th coach in the last 20 years?

I can see a lot of coaches wanting to coach there. The meddling GM/Owner is gone and they are looking to rebuild the franchise from the ruins created by Davis in his later years. Most people didn't want to go to the Raiders because of Davis and how much he micro-managed the team and dictated how things need to be to the coach.

This is basically a new team.
Originally posted by communist:
exactly. What are they on their 10th coach in the last 20 years?
Al Davis isnt there anymore. Cleaning the house is an usual approach after hiring a new GM. Everyone in the business knows that.

that does not change the fact the franchise is known for firing coaches really quickly, during and now post Al Davis.

Nobody of worth will ever consider the Raiders until that trend stops
Well it's a good thing Hue traded the future for Carson Palmer and set back the next head coach coming in. That guy has no chance to build for the future! Hopefully he can win with what's already on the roster...
that does not change the fact the franchise is known for firing coaches really quickly, during and now post Al Davis.

Are you kidding me? Of course it changes your fact b/c the fact is based on a person called Al Davis. He was THE factor for the inconsistency at HC. And the Hue-firing is going back at the new GM AND perhaps at the horrible Palmer-trade.
He set himself up for a fall with the Carson Palmer trade, and the failure of the Raiders in some of the final games sealed his fate.
Originally posted by communist:

Are you kidding me? Of course it changes your fact b/c the fact is based on a person called Al Davis. He was THE factor for the inconsistency at HC. And the Hue-firing is going back at the new GM AND perhaps at the horrible Palmer-trade.

Agreed.

Al Davis is the one who gave the franchise the reputation it has for firing coaches and then trying to find loop-holes so they don't get their salaries. This is a Spring-cleaning and shows that the Raiders are moving in a new less-Al Davis influenced direction.
Before he got fired, this is what Hue stated according to CSN, "McKenzie is gonna gut this place, no job is safe".
I will say that this is a good move. Hue was all talk and no substance, was power hungry, and threw his players under the bus. Who the hell would want to play for that guy? Then when you look across the bay at our team, Harbaugh's success might have convinced them that continuity is overrated. My gut feeling is that McKenzie's spring cleaning is going to finally take the raiders out of purgatory.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Jan 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM ]
It's very interesting who will be hired at HC.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Before he got fired, this is what Hue stated according to CSN, "McKenzie is gonna gut this place, no job is safe".

He might. Then again, Hue did himself in. The Raiders looked lifeless against the Chargers in the final game of the year. They were at home. All they needed was a simple win to make the postseason, and the team laid a wet turd. Never should have happened.

There were rumors of players champing under Hue's leadership and I believe it went to Hue's head. He had a golden opportunity to put his stamp on this team and he failed miserably. I think Hue gets another shot, but he obviously needs a strong GM to keep his maniacal ego in check.

I'm still pissed of the timing of all this. Raiders taking the 49ers air time.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm still pissed of the timing of all this. Raiders taking the 49ers air time.

lol c'mon!
WELCOME BACK JON GRUDEN!
Through with Hue
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Well it's a good thing Hue traded the future for Carson Palmer and set back the next head coach coming in. That guy has no chance to build for the future! Hopefully he can win with what's already on the roster...

go look at how many draft picks they have this year....almost 0
Share 49ersWebzone