LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Raiders Fire Hue Jackson

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
McKenzie sounds like a retard.

Feel like I'm re-watching The Kings Speech.

bawwhahhaha LMAO!!
get david shaw from stanford (if raiders were smart)
Interesting, Shaw was already once on their coaching staff, back in 2001. Still think that McKenzie will hire Moss as HC and the Packers' QB-Coach as OC.
Should not have been fired

he lost his best player after what 8 weeks (McFadden), Al Davis death, and his starting qb to an injury and he managed a decent record

Had Campbell not been injured there is no Carson Palmer trade
Originally posted by ads_2006:

he lost his best player after what 8 weeks (McFadden), Al Davis death, and his starting qb to an injury and he managed a decent record

i agree. he did let his ego unchecked but with all that happened this season (as pointed out in your post) he still had them in position to win the AFC West.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

i agree. he did let his ego unchecked but with all that happened this season (as pointed out in your post) he still had them in position to win the AFC West.

I think the reason for the firing is deeper than the results that Jackson produced, but rather his "I am running things around here" type of attitude.

When you get hired as a GM to run a team, the last thing you want is a head coach with that kind of swag.

Think Jim Harbaugh, pure footall dude.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I would've been tempted to fire him just for his bad game management, not going for 2 up 12 against the Lions with 7:45 left and then calling a deep pass on 3rd & 3 when they just needed a first down to run out the clock. Decisions that may have cost them the division.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Also, one of his main responsibilities was to reign in the penalties and this team was the most penalized in NFL history.
So where is he gonna OC next year? Miami? St. Louis?
Geez, and we complain about having a new OC every year...

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Dude pretty much talked himself out of a job.
I hate the Raiders but i have to admit this is probably the best thing to happen to them. Hue = Singletary.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

I think the reason for the firing is deeper than the results that Jackson produced, but rather his "I am running things around here" type of attitude.

When you get hired as a GM to run a team, the last thing you want is a head coach with that kind of swag.

Think Jim Harbaugh, pure footall dude.

yea but when Al passed the WHOLE organization looked to Hue for leadership. Mark Davis and Amy Trask sure as hell didnt know what to do. Everyone turned to Hue to keep the ship right. I agree that the Palmer trade was bad, but Hue was grasping for straws through all the injuries. Once Hue had to start playing GM is when things started to go south. But that shouldnt all be on him. Trask and Davis need to hold some accountability.
He threw away a 1st-rounder (that means that they dont have a single pick in the first three rounds unless they get a compensatory pick) and a conditional second 2012 for an aging, underwhelming and overpaid Carson Palmer.
Originally posted by PSYKO5:
I hate the Raiders but i have to admit this is probably the best thing to happen to them. Hue = Singletary.

Hue Jokeman is actually a decent OC, the only similarities he has to Sing is he coached an undisciplined team. When your team sets the all time penalty record you pretty much seal your fate.
Share 49ersWebzone