LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Which team are you cheering for to WIN tonight?.......Lions or Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets

Which team are you cheering for to WIN tonight?.......Lions or Saints

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/the-rest-of-the-story-on-the-saints-blitzing-the-niners-into-oblivion/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/16/harbaugh-schwartz-get-into-post-game-scuffle/

[ Edited by TlSSER on Jan 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I wonna beat the Saints.
Originally posted by susweel:
I wonna beat the Saints.

Lions.
Lions, but a part of me wants to see the niners be the one to beat the saints.
Lions. Saints absolutely terrify me
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

this
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

this

saints play like garbage when they're not at home. so w/ the saints being on the road against the #1 Defense in the NFL. i like the 49ers chances in that one ; )
  • mike
  • Veteran
Lions, I'm afraid of the saints blitzes(for some reason gore is horrible at picking guys up and alex always holds on to the ball too long). Plus who doesn't want to see the handshake again? lol.
lions, even though they're about to get creamed.

Originally posted by mike:
Lions, I'm afraid of the saints blitzes(for some reason gore is horrible at picking guys up and alex always holds on to the ball too long). Plus who doesn't want to see the handshake again? lol.

Lions won't last long enough for gym shorts to get embarrassed by Harbaugh again.
Screw them both. Bring them on.
Originally posted by English:
Screw them both. Bring them on.

I think I agree with this right now
Whatever team we play:

They kick the ball, we ram it down their throat.
They receive, we take the ball from them, and ram it down their throat.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:

this

saints play like garbage when they're not at home. so w/ the saints being on the road against the #1 Defense in the NFL. i like the 49ers chances in that one ; )
Garbage? Not really. That's skewed by an early visit to green bay in which was a very close game, then a few upsets by crappy teams- tampa and the rams.

To keep it realistic, lets limit it to week 10 and beyond.
@ATL- Brees throws 322 yards, 2 tds, no ints. Wins the game 26-23.
@TEN- 337 yds, 2 tds, no ints, win.
@MIN- 412 yds, 5 tds, no ints, win.

Then compare that to the lions on the road after their week 9 BYE, a loss in chicago where Stafford throws 4 picks, followed by a road loss to the Saints where he throws 400+ yards but only 1 td and an int(we've seen their redzone problems), then a 1 point win in oakland where he throws for four touchdowns, followed by an embarrassing loss to green bay's backup QB to end their season.

My point is I'd much rather face stafford and suh than brees and their blitzing. We beat them once already and our o-line seems to get fired up to play their big front 4. I feel like megatron's their only real threat, compared to Brees who can spread the ball around and throw to anyone.
Share 49ersWebzone