LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Big Ben blames ESPN for fanning Tebow-mania

Shop 49ers game tickets
A talking clock?
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger blames ESPN for fanning the flames of Tebow-mania around Broncos QB Tim Tebow.ESPN worked with sister Disney company Marvel Comics to commission a series of comic sketches saluting Tebow as a "superhero" and showed them on-air.

Roethlisberger empathizes with Tebow as he prepares for first NFL playoff start against the Steelers this weekend. He fingered ESPN for hyping Tebow: I don't think Tim calls up ESPN and says, 'Hey, put me on every day, and make it the Steelers vs. Tebow.' It's probably tough for him to deal with that stuff. Big Ben added it's "got to be tough" for the young QB and his teammates to handle the All Tebow, All the time TV coverage, said the Denver Post.

Every time you turn it on, you see something about Tebow. I can only imagine what it's like for his teammates. Just watching today, it's the Steelers versus Tim Tebow. No, it's the Steelers versus the Broncos, so I can only imagine what it's like for him with all the eyes and the attention on him and the pressure. It can't be fun. I feel for him a little bit.

Former NFL player turned ESPN commentator Hugh Douglas agreed with Roethlisberger's comments on ESPN2's First Take Thursday. We all know ESPN can beat a dead horse until viewers scream for mercy. See Favre, Brett. But there's no denying that fans are fascinated by Tebow. You could argue, ESPN's Jay Crawford tried, that ESPN's giving its viewers what they want.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/01/big-ben-blames-espn-for-fanning-flames-of-tebow-mania-ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-tim-tebow-denver-broncos/1?csp=hf

Oh f**k that
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
yup

big ben is right

im 100% sure tebow didnt ask for any of this

Said that all along. Agree with raper
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Poor Tebow, now he'll never bang any chicks in the bathroom with everyone paying attention to him.

Insert pic of Tebow in college with his girlfriend with huge boobs here.....
Originally posted by okdkid:
At least half of First Take's coverage/discussion revolves around Tebow. They even had Skip Bayless do a live remote from Denver. Terrible.

that show is a joke, in big part because of Skip, I don't give a s**t if he "gives us props" or whatever
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
that show is a joke, in big part because of Skip, I don't give a s**t if he "gives us props" or whatever

First Take used to be really good. Then they got a new producer (I think its the guy who created Sports Nation) and it quickly went down hill. Hiring Stephen A. Smith and getting rid of Dana Jacobson was the final straw for me.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

First Take used to be really good. Then they got a new producer (I think its the guy who created Sports Nation) and it quickly went down hill. Hiring Stephen A. Smith and getting rid of Dana Jacobson was the final straw for me.

Stephen A is bad, but it's not like Jacobson was much better

Skip is just the worst part of that show, they should really call it the Skip Bayless show, it's almost all centered around him, and he's pathetic
Big Ben is adding to the legend that is Tebow. Way to provide Denver with some bulletin board material.
Insert pic of Tebow in college with his girlfriend with huge boobs here.....

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger blames ESPN for fanning the flames of Tebow-mania around Broncos QB Tim Tebow.ESPN worked with sister Disney company Marvel Comics to commission a series of comic sketches saluting Tebow as a "superhero" and showed them on-air.

Roethlisberger empathizes with Tebow as he prepares for first NFL playoff start against the Steelers this weekend. He fingered ESPN for hyping Tebow: I don't think Tim calls up ESPN and says, 'Hey, put me on every day, and make it the Steelers vs. Tebow.' It's probably tough for him to deal with that stuff. Big Ben added it's "got to be tough" for the young QB and his teammates to handle the All Tebow, All the time TV coverage, said the Denver Post.

Every time you turn it on, you see something about Tebow. I can only imagine what it's like for his teammates. Just watching today, it's the Steelers versus Tim Tebow. No, it's the Steelers versus the Broncos, so I can only imagine what it's like for him with all the eyes and the attention on him and the pressure. It can't be fun. I feel for him a little bit.

Former NFL player turned ESPN commentator Hugh Douglas agreed with Roethlisberger's comments on ESPN2's First Take Thursday. We all know ESPN can beat a dead horse until viewers scream for mercy. See Favre, Brett. But there's no denying that fans are fascinated by Tebow. You could argue, ESPN's Jay Crawford tried, that ESPN's giving its viewers what they want.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/01/big-ben-blames-espn-for-fanning-flames-of-tebow-mania-ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-tim-tebow-denver-broncos/1?csp=hf

Oh f**k that

46% completion percent, 12 TDs, 6 interceptions, 7 fumbles, and 1,729 yards...Fascinating...

.............. and the legend grows.........
[ Edited by socal9er42 on Jan 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM ]
Someone please, please shop in Tebow's head/jersey on David (duh) and Rapelisberger's stupid face on Goliath with some tears on there for being such a crybaby:

[ Edited by 49erFanInTX83 on Jan 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM ]
Haha, he has to blame someone right?
Share 49ersWebzone