There are 177 users in the forums

whats up with herman edwards?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Man forget Herm. I for one am glad to be in the playoffs but this year I could live with a 1 an 15 record this year just to have a chance at Luck. Stanford won't win 6 games next year and all the hype will be on USC. The Colts will take Luck I have to come to grips with that but I won't root for them. And I have to support the team with the QB we have. But PLEASe DON'T sign AS until after the playoffs period but I was never a AS fan he has 0 arm strength 0 none nil zip. The throw to Vernon in the endzone against the Rams tells me all I need to know.
Why would anyone think to post this topic in 'Niner Talk'?
mods are on a juice break. Free posts
Herm was an above average player and thoroughly sucked as a twice failed coach. As a commentator - I don't know anyone who cares what he says or thinks. He offers very little to the conversation.

Another guy I don't care for, Merle Hodge, at least as some solid ideas and points when he makes an opinion.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
In before the move to the proper forum.

yeah IBTMTPF this bich

This
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Herm was an above average player and thoroughly sucked as a twice failed coach. As a commentator - I don't know anyone who cares what he says or thinks. He offers very little to the conversation.

Another guy I don't care for, Merle Hodge, at least as some solid ideas and points when he makes an opinion.

WRONG.

he was an average player
Teach Me How to Dungy
  • sfout
  • Veteran
A lot of people are saying picking RG3 over Luck would help the the team deal with Manning's contract. With RG3 there wouldn't be as much immediate pressure to play him, he has the hype of the heisman but could truly use a year of learning the system and adjusting to the NFL while Luck should be able to step in and start on day 1.
Here ya go...

Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
i just heard that he seems to think the colts would be better off picking III over luck. ive heard it here before but didnt beleive it untill now. Herman is at least semi rascist. now that i think about it... i hope the colts dont pick luck. i dont want to see them have 2 of the best qb's in history back to back any way. i wonder what coach harbaugh thinks about this.

Hummm, where do I begin? First, I don't think it was Herm Edwards that said it. I know for a fact that Tony Dungy said it because I was watching MNF when he said it. If Herm Edwards said it since then, well, OK. Second, I doubt very seriously that Jim Harbaugh has this on his mind. I could be wrong but I believe he just so happens to be in full-throughted playoff strategy mode. Third, what in the world is this doing in a 49er fan forum?!? I fail to see how this is important to the 49ers, neither will make out of the top 10 of the draft. Finally, and most importantly, you want to be very careful with tagging people with being a racist. Other than the fact that Luck is white and RG3 is black you have no real reason whatsoever to deam the man a fu#*ing racist. The man made a professional opinion based on his years of NFL coaching and NFL player evaluation. Now, would I pick RG3 over Luck?, not on your life. However, as a person who evaluates football talent I could certainly understand why he said it. I find it insulting and offensive, to say the least, that a man can be called a racist because he made a quite viable football opinion only because he and the player evaluated are black. But for site rules I'd be a lot more vulgar in the description of my disgust with such a lack of thought.
I know Herm and he went to my HS. Definitely not racist. I could have sworn it was Dungy. I also think that when people make statements like that, that it is the network.
It was tony dungy
I do not see RG3 having any success in the NFL.....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I do not see RG3 having any success in the NFL.....

Share 49ersWebzone