There are 905 users in the forums
Ahahaha....SI Cover JINXED!! This kills me, it really does...
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:05 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,147
Where's the Alex Smith one ?
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM
- zillabeast
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,042
Originally posted by susweel:
Where's the Alex Smith one ?
bet if we win the Super Bowl, the SI cover won't feature any 49er on it, it'll just feature a player from the losing team with a headline about how they failed
The Rodgers cover kills me though, lol. It just screams, "I ain't even excited."
[ Edited by zillabeast on Jan 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM ]
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM
- Holden_M_Caulfield
- Member
- Posts: 15
Originally posted by susweel:
Where's the Alex Smith one ?
we do NOT want the kiss of death of being on the Sport Illustrated cover...that'd be crumby
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:12 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,147
Originally posted by Holden_M_Caulfield:Originally posted by susweel:Where's the Alex Smith one ?
we do NOT want the kiss of death of being on the Sport Illustrated cover...that'd be crumby
Screw all that I want the national exposure.
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM
- solidg2000
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,320
Originally posted by susweel:Originally posted by Holden_M_Caulfield:Originally posted by susweel:Where's the Alex Smith one ?
we do NOT want the kiss of death of being on the Sport Illustrated cover...that'd be crumby
Screw all that I want the national exposure.
Screw that! I'll take no exposure and a Super Bowl Win every year!!!!!!!!
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM
- Dr_Bill_Walsh
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,669
nice cleats, ben....those help u w/ the ladies?
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,147
Originally posted by solidg2000:Originally posted by susweel:Originally posted by Holden_M_Caulfield:Originally posted by susweel:Where's the Alex Smith one ?
we do NOT want the kiss of death of being on the Sport Illustrated cover...that'd be crumby
Screw all that I want the national exposure.
Screw that! I'll take no exposure and a Super Bowl Win every year!!!!!!!!
Why can't we have both.
Jan 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM
- Dr_Bill_Walsh
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,669
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Holden_M_Caulfield:
Originally posted by susweel:
Where's the Alex Smith one ?
we do NOT want the kiss of death of being on the Sport Illustrated cover...that'd be crumby
Screw all that I want the national exposure.
Screw that! I'll take no exposure and a Super Bowl Win every year!!!!!!!!
Why can't we have both.
east coast, dallas cowboys lovin' media HATES us
Jan 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM
- KowboyKiller
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,991
Is there is a historical precedent for an SI cover curse? This is the first I've heard of one.
edit: looks like there is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated_cover_jinx
edit: looks like there is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Illustrated_cover_jinx
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Jan 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM ]
Jan 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM
- TonyStarks
- Veteran
- Posts: 63,023
Ya know, I want the media to pass up on the niners.
In the end, they'll be motivated , unlike , say......a ''dream team.''
In the end, they'll be motivated , unlike , say......a ''dream team.''
Jan 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM
- Godsleftsock
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,291
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:nice cleats, ben....those help u w/ the ladies?
Breast cancer?
Jan 5, 2012 at 2:16 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,352
Originally posted by susweel:
Where's the Alex Smith one ?
Susweel told them it probably can't happen with Alexis Ssmmiitthiieeyy and they believed it....
Jan 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM
- SanDiego49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 52,352
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Holden_M_Caulfield:
Originally posted by susweel:
Where's the Alex Smith one ?
we do NOT want the kiss of death of being on the Sport Illustrated cover...that'd be crumby
Screw all that I want the national exposure.
Screw that! I'll take no exposure and a Super Bowl Win every year!!!!!!!!
Why can't we have both.
east coast, dallas cowboys lovin' media HATES us
Dallas is not in the East Coast...
Jan 5, 2012 at 5:57 AM
- Paul
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,729
Originally posted by susweel:
Where's the Alex Smith one ?
and we beat the Steelers too