LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Will the Colts take Andrew Luck?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Will the Colts take Andrew Luck?

I vote for option one
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
f**k yes they will but Peyton will never play again.
Good question. I don't know what they will do. I would be tempted to see if any of these multi first round pick offers actually come up.

Somebody was talking about four or five firsts and a couple of seconds. With that sort of bonanza you could build a team that was strong in depth, not just at qb. It would also be worth seeing what you were bid for Peyton.
Of course they will. The only reason for not drafting him is a HUGE trade.
Originally posted by English:
Good question. I don't know what they will do. I would be tempted to see if any of these multi first round pick offers actually come up.

Somebody was talking about four or five firsts and a couple of seconds. With that sort of bonanza you could build a team that was strong in depth, not just at qb. It would also be worth seeing what you were bid for Peyton.
Technically, it's not very logical. Either the Colts get rid of him BEFORE they have to pay him the 28M or they pay him these 28M and retain him at least for one more season.
Theoretically, if Peyton is REALLY fit, the Colts should get at least what the Bengals got for Palmer, especially when we talking about wasted 28M.
I think they'll take luck, and not pick up the $28 million option on Peyton. Peyton will sign an incentive laden contract with another team.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Luck going to the team with a horseshoe on the helmet? fkn perfect!
Meh them firing Napolian means that Irsay is sticking with his boy, Peyton. They will trade down and stock up on picks, and hope they get another 4 or 5 good years out of Manning.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
oh rord, what if they trade with the seahawks???

(no way in hell they trade out of the #1 spot IMO)
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Jan 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM ]
Not if Manning is healthy.
yes

A)Luck will be a Viking

2)He'll stay on the sidelines with Manning as number one for a year or two.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
A)Luck will be a Viking

2)He'll stay on the sidelines with Manning as number one for a year or two.

Luck isn't going to be a Viking. They aren't just going to dump Ponder
  • vaden
  • Veteran
If they want to take Luck and keep Manning as the starter and he'd have to ride the bench for 3-5 years, I hope for his sake he pulls an Eli and demands a trade.
This may go down as one of the biggest draft stories in history.
They will pick him and Indy may not pick up the $28 million bonus for Manning. He's 36 with a severely injured neck and may never play again. They won 2 games and need to rebuild. It's Luck and move on for them IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone