LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 216 users in the forums

WOW Norv Turner and AJ Smith keep jobs

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
Division, Division, Division. The NFL owners and gms are always highly sensitive to the current state of their division.

The AFC West is terrible and no positive outlook. This team no longer even talks SB, its just about winning the division again. Norv, AJ and Rivers is still the class of that terrible division.

From this perspective it makes sense
I wouldnt say that. Every of these teams has some issues but they are manageable within a season (or perhaps two). The Chiefs need some luck with injuries and a real QB (though Orton could be enough for now) and they will compete again. And they need a HC with some knowledge.
The Raiders were on their path to the playoffs, lost Campbell, threw away way too many picks for the zone-loved Palmer and lost Asomugha. Good, here is more work to do but with a full off-season I think that Hue can turn Palmer at least to a consistent, solid QB.
The Broncos need a true QB badly, their defense is nice and it was THE factor in the last games (and not TT).

Said that, I dont see any of them competing for the SB in the near future but they can hurt the big ones if they want to.
The dedcision to keep Norv and AJ drove me back. I grew up rooting for the Niners with my dad. Srayed to the Chargers because I am in So Cal but I cannot continue to support an organization that says mediocre is good enough.

So in a way I am glad, brough me back to my roots.

I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan, since I rooted for the Niners for over 20 years of my adult life, more like coming home, and it feels great.

So thanks Mr. Spanos, I should have never left and you helped me find my way back.
Originally posted by Jeff_in_SoCal:
The dedcision to keep Norv and AJ drove me back. I grew up rooting for the Niners with my dad. Srayed to the Chargers because I am in So Cal but I cannot continue to support an organization that says mediocre is good enough.

I don't consider myself a bandwagon fan, since I rooted for the Niners for over 20 years of my adult life, more like coming home, and it feels great.

So thanks Mr. Spanos, I should have never left and you helped me find my way back.

Bandwagoner
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Bandwagoner

The Chargers are one of the dumbest organizations in the league lately. Reminds me of how we used to be. LOL.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SC_DougFarrar SC_DougFarrar

Remember when A.J. Smith let Darren Sproles walk out the door as another example of his "genius," but somehow managed to keep his job?

Bandwagoner

if we finished 6-10 I find it hard to believe that you'd be "back" to rooting for the 49ers.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
if we finished 6-10 I find it hard to believe that you'd be "back" to rooting for the 49ers.

Bandwagoner

I understand you feeling that way - no problem. Go Niners.
"I thought the expectations here got out of control,'' Spanos told me the other day. "We did not have good drafts in '07, '08 and '09, and so we've been set back a little by that. I thought we had a good nucleus with a great quarterback who Norv has done a great job with. But I didn't think we had a great team. Should I blow it up, get rid of the coaches and the general manager, with no guarantee on anything coming in here? I thought that would have been a mistake, and I thought they deserved another chance. This is all a guess. It's a big bet. But I think I'll be right.'' Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/08/wild.card.round/index.html#ixzz1iyRverTU

that is the dumbest thing I've read in awhile. "We're a bad team who can't draft well, so I decided to keep things the way they are."
"I thought the expectations here got out of control,'' Spanos told me the other day. "We did not have good drafts in '07, '08 and '09, and so we've been set back a little by that. I thought we had a good nucleus with a great quarterback who Norv has done a great job with. But I didn't think we had a great team. Should I blow it up, get rid of the coaches and the general manager, with no guarantee on anything coming in here? I thought that would have been a mistake, and I thought they deserved another chance. This is all a guess. It's a big bet. But I think I'll be right.'' Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/08/wild.card.round/index.html#ixzz1iyRverTU

that is the dumbest thing I've read in awhile. "We're a bad team who can't draft well, so I decided to keep things the way they are."

Originally posted by horsecore:

This.
  • Paul
  • Veteran

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Chargers are one of the dumbest organizations in the league lately. Reminds me of how we used to be. LOL.

chargers gonna be the new raiders.. keeping crappy coaches, good players go there and end up getting worse... etc.
Share 49ersWebzone