There are 188 users in the forums

It doesn't matter who the fans choice is or how much a player gets paid...

Shop 49ers game tickets
The coaching staff will pick the best players that suite this team and if they can do it at a bargain price why the F not!

Nnhamdi was the fans choice but look how well Rogers has done this season.

Everyone wanted to keep Spikes but the coaches felt they didn't need him, and they were right (Bowman is a beast).

Matt Cassel is another scenario that I'm willing to bet the Chief fans were happy with but look how well that turned out.

Why bring in another QB and start all over, the haters are really showing that they don't give a shhhh about how well we are doing this season. Their hate for our QB is unbelievable.
Tebow
Originally posted by Squidp:
Tebow

Made the playoffs didn't they? Proves the OPs post true
Originally posted by gamechanger:
The coaching staff will pick the best players that suite this team and if they can do it at a bargain price why the F not!

Nnhamdi was the fans choice but look how well Rogers has done this season.

Everyone wanted to keep Spikes but the coaches felt they didn't need him, and they were right (Bowman is a beast).

Matt Cassel is another scenario that I'm willing to bet the Chief fans were happy with but look how well that turned out.

Why bring in another QB and start all over, the haters are really showing that they don't give a shhhh about how well we are doing this season. Their hate for our QB is unbelievable.

Cassel tool them to the playoffa
  • BobS
  • Veteran
With the salary cap you can't afford to snag a bunch of high profile free agents.
I think you're partially right, it doesn't matter what the fans think until it starts effecting ticket prices....... then it matters.....

If this post was prompted by the Manning rumors, I think its a ridiculous idea for the 9ers to even think about signing Manning.
IMO if Manning is still able to play the Colts won't let him go. If they let him go its because they know he's only got a couple years left..........
Not the answer for the 9ers at QB.
I can't see spending big bucks on free agents. The lifespan of a player is so short, by the time they reach free agency they're out of the league. If you're getting someone that is close to 30 it's a bad investment. Justin Smith is a rare exception, he's from the Leo Nomellini and Andy Robustelli mold, between them they missed ONE game in their careers.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I think you're partially right, it doesn't matter what the fans think until it starts effecting ticket prices....... then it matters.....

If this post was prompted by the Manning rumors, I think its a ridiculous idea for the 9ers to even think about signing Manning.
IMO if Manning is still able to play the Colts won't let him go. If they let him go its because they know he's only got a couple years left..........
Not the answer for the 9ers at QB.

if we have another 13-3 1st round bye in the playoffs and Alex smith does even better next year than he did this year we have our answer lol.. he tied for the least amount of interceptions in a season 16 games.. yes he doesnt throw as much as some QB's but still, thats impressive.
[ Edited by SundayTicket on Jan 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone