There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bears GM Jerry Angelo Fired

• Jcool
  • Veteran
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Jerry Angelo is out as Bears GM. The team's football staff was informed of the development this morning. More on NFL Network #insideslant
Ground Breaking.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
SC_DougFarrar SC_DougFarrar

Like Polian's, Angelo's drafts since 2007 very instructive. Outside of Forte, Greg Olsen might be best player ... and he's in Carolina.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
WaddleandSilvy Waddle and Silvy

#Bears have called a 4pm press conference to officially announce the new direction of the franchise. BIG DAY.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
where does this Lovie Smith? if he was axed I could see him immediately going to TB
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
where does this Lovie Smith? if he was axed I could see him immediately going to TB

With a new GM and maybe going after a new OC, It will be like when Martz was hired because no one wanted the job because they saw Lovie Smith as a dead man walking with just one year left on his deal. So could see a new coach (GMs like to hire there own coach) depending on how long it takes to hire the GM.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
BradBiggs Brad Biggs

Worth wondering - would #Bears consider #Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie?

Replacement needs to evaluate #Bears backyard and some of wild personnel remarks Lovie had yesterday, see Davis, Kellen.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:36 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
thekapman David Kaplan

If Lovie is staying then going after the Polian's who he knows and respects makes even more sense. Step one in bold moves happened today.
He sucked! Have no idea who will replace him. He did the work of 3 people - Moe,Larry& Curley.
My dad is a huge Bears fan and he HATED Angelo. Glad he's gone.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

With Bears opening, Bill Polian may have interest, but not sure he's a fit. Eric DeCosta refrained from leaving BAL before but might for CHI
According to Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com, the team has received permission to interview four candidates: Chiefs director of college scouting Phil Emery, Patriots director of pro personnel Jason Licht, Chargers director of player personnel Jimmy Raye, and Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross.

Is this the same Jimmy Raye?????
Originally posted by kezar49er:
According to Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com, the team has received permission to interview four candidates: Chiefs director of college scouting Phil Emery, Patriots director of pro personnel Jason Licht, Chargers director of player personnel Jimmy Raye, and Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross.

He's the son of our former Jimmy Raye

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by kezar49er:

He's the son of our former Jimmy Raye

I wonder if he knows who "Yahoo" is.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I wonder if he knows who "Yahoo" is.