There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Concerns about Mike Singletary's preparation has 'raised red flags'

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I hope he gets canned and never works in the NFL again.

I don't even want to hear this worthless asshat's name again.

What, Singletary? Is it Singletary you mean? You mean, you dont want to hear Mike Singletary's name again?

oK, guys, lets not mention Singletary again. That's Singletary, dont forget.

I think that should be your new username by the way. Singletary.

I promise not to mention Mike Singletary every again. And I if you ever catch me talking about Mike Singletary, feel free to change my username to Mike Singletary to remind me what a bad coach Mike Singletary was.
Mike Singletary reminds me alot of Hue Jackson and vice versa.. Mike singeltary would throw our QB's under the bus if something didnt go right and put the next guy in and switch back and forth.. Hue Jackson just recently threw his team under the bus for losing to the chargers.. Too much pride. mike singeltary going off on that reporter that one time?? Made it so he wasnt the interviewer for the 49ers anymore?? fail in my opinion and im falling asleep just typing this, coffee time.
Originally posted by vaden:
Wow at how his reputation has fallen. If he wasn't so arrogant and proudly ignorant, I'd feel sorry for him now.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. It's a shame that his snafu of a coaching career may eventually color his brilliant playing career.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Paul:
he's still a good guy... just not a good coach

This

Not even sure he is a good guy, dude was kind of a bully when he was here.
I'm not against the Sing bashing but is it more likely that Dennis Erickson was the worst 49er coach in the modern era?
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
he's still a good guy... just not a good coach

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I'm not against the Sing bashing but is it more likely that Dennis Erickson was the worst 49er coach in the modern era?

For me its Singletary and its not even a question.Dennis Erickson would have been a better coach record wise but he got screwed by Donahue's personnel decisions.Mike Nolan had way too much power and it did him in(spread to thin) I said it then and I'll say it again he wasn't a bad coach he built this defense and he knew his X's and O's on defense.His problem was his OC's kept getting jobs and side from Hostler he brought in some very good names for his shortcomings.Singletary did nothing but give good speeches and motivate Vernon Davis and thats about it.

Hard comparison to make, Singletary had a LOT better personnel to work with but I hated Erickson with a passion and Sing had some redeeming factors (at least initially) while Erickson never showed any sign of being worthwhile in any capacity. If I had to choose between these two in the future, I'd choose death.
Originally posted by thedude:

Hard comparison to make, Singletary had a LOT better personnel to work with but I hated Erickson with a passion and Sing had some redeeming factors (at least initially) while Erickson never showed any sign of being worthwhile in any capacity. If I had to choose between these two in the future, I'd choose death.

Erickson was a much better coach than Sing will ever be. Dude was successful in college and one a national title. Almost led a Seahawk team to the playoffs, in SF he just got a team with perhaps the worst roster of all time in 2004.
[ Edited by susweel on Jan 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Pelissero_Staff_changes_could_come_quickly_for_rebuilding_Vikings010112

The wild card is Mike Singletary, a longtime friend of Frazier's who was viewed as a coordinator candidate when he joined the team as assistant head coach/linebackers coach in January, less than a month after the San Francisco 49ers fired him as head coach.

Concerns about Singletary's strategic acumen followed him to Minnesota, and his approach to preparation has raised red flags. According to two sources, Singletary has left assistant Jeff Imamura in charge of some position meetings, skipped all of the Vikings' meetings the night before last month's game at Detroit to attend a wedding and has occupied himself much of the season with side projects instead of the next opponent.

That all makes it far more likely Frazier will try to engineer a soft exit for Singletary than promote him into a coordinator position for which many experienced candidates could be available. But their close personal relationship complicates the issue.

If the above report is true,One might tend to view his behavior as being undedicated to the job.
look at this blog on nfc north section of espn.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/37619/mike-singletary-fired-or-promoted

And that would be the only fair decision.

I disliked Erickson intensely as a HC, but he wasnt as incompetent as a HC as Sing. But being connected to that worthless pos TDon blackens the memory of Erickson. To be honest, I think I will just remember Sing as a bit of a buffoon and leave it at that. Pity, because as a player I rated him one of the best ever.
a team is a reflection of their head coach.

last year:
--un prepared
--un disciplined
--un aware
--stupid.
Originally posted by susweel:

Erickson was a much better coach than Sing will ever be. Dude was successful in college and one a national title. Almost led a Seahawk team to the playoffs, in SF he just got a team with perhaps the worst roster of all time in 2004.

Erickson was terrible though in 2003 with a clear playoff team. And Singletary was horrible last year.
both were trash. Comparing a Ford Pinto to a Gremlin , take your pick which is worse
Dennis Erickson is the worst coach of all time!!!!