There are 192 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Adrian Peterson has torn ACL and MCL

wow this sucks
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
News is even worse. RT @JosinaAnderson: Source just confirmed both Adrian Peterson's MCL and ACL are torn

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
N MRI this evening revealed that Vikings running back Adrian Peterson suffered a tear to the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

sorry if already posted
[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Dec 24, 2011 at 7:56 PM ]
That sucks, I really like that guy.

He may never be the same ever again.
Damn, I wonder if he can come back from that. It's going to be tough especially considering the position he plays.
Man that sucks.
He will back dude is a phenom.
better now than week 1.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
very sad, kinda sucks playing on a 3-12 team and then suffering something like that. Hope all goes well with his recovery, was hard to watch on the replay (his reaction especially)
It looked bad. That's too bad for him. Hopefully he can fully recover. Gore has had some major knee problems and come back so I guess that proves it can be done.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It looked bad. That's too bad for him. Hopefully he can fully recover. Gore has had some major knee problems and come back so I guess that proves it can be done.

I was gonna say didn't Gore do that in college? To both knees?

Sucks for AP though.
Sad news. Especially hate to see it against the premier players in the league.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I was gonna say didn't Gore do that in college? To both knees?

Sucks for AP though.

But, age makes a difference - plus Gore basically got 2 years to recover. In NFL - Peterson (at his age and the position he plays) won't get 2 years to recover. I hope he does have a speedy recovery. He is fun to watch.
Dude seems like a stand up guy too, I hate that for him. Get well soon AP!
I saw the play happen on Redzone yesterday....and I thought the Redskins were going for low blows quite a bit. When I saw the replay...I knew it was at the very least an ACL. Really terrible. He's arguably the best back in the league right now, and to get taken out like this was terrible. Meaningless game too....the Vikes could have just tanked for the pick. Instead they were out there trying to win.

Why are low tackles like that not illegal?
The only thing that could've been worse would be him having what Daunte Culpepper had happen to him and have his ACL, MCL, AND his PCL torn. Pretty much the worst knee injury possible.
Horrible injury. Hope he heals up and makes a full recovery. Could this injury cause him to miss a significant portion of the 2012 season?