49ers vs. Commanders Tickets Available! →

There are 457 users in the forums

Adrian Peterson has torn ACL and MCL

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
  • Posts: 49,073
That sucks, I really like that guy.

He may never be the same ever again.
Damn, I wonder if he can come back from that. It's going to be tough especially considering the position he plays.
Man that sucks.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
  • Posts: 122,149
He will back dude is a phenom.
better now than week 1.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,729
very sad, kinda sucks playing on a 3-12 team and then suffering something like that. Hope all goes well with his recovery, was hard to watch on the replay (his reaction especially)
It looked bad. That's too bad for him. Hopefully he can fully recover. Gore has had some major knee problems and come back so I guess that proves it can be done.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It looked bad. That's too bad for him. Hopefully he can fully recover. Gore has had some major knee problems and come back so I guess that proves it can be done.

I was gonna say didn't Gore do that in college? To both knees?

Sucks for AP though.
Sad news. Especially hate to see it against the premier players in the league.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 53,673
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
I was gonna say didn't Gore do that in college? To both knees?

Sucks for AP though.

But, age makes a difference - plus Gore basically got 2 years to recover. In NFL - Peterson (at his age and the position he plays) won't get 2 years to recover. I hope he does have a speedy recovery. He is fun to watch.
Dude seems like a stand up guy too, I hate that for him. Get well soon AP!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,928
I saw the play happen on Redzone yesterday....and I thought the Redskins were going for low blows quite a bit. When I saw the replay...I knew it was at the very least an ACL. Really terrible. He's arguably the best back in the league right now, and to get taken out like this was terrible. Meaningless game too....the Vikes could have just tanked for the pick. Instead they were out there trying to win.

Why are low tackles like that not illegal?
The only thing that could've been worse would be him having what Daunte Culpepper had happen to him and have his ACL, MCL, AND his PCL torn. Pretty much the worst knee injury possible.
Horrible injury. Hope he heals up and makes a full recovery. Could this injury cause him to miss a significant portion of the 2012 season?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone