LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

Would you want the Niners to go after Reggie Wayne in free agency?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would you want the Niners to go after Reggie Wayne in free agency?

I say YES.......and I usually am not a proponent of high priced FA's
With alex a high priced receiver probably isn't worth it
[ Edited by toeknee on Dec 23, 2011 at 6:35 PM ]
Originally posted by toeknee:

a healthy crabtree was on pace for 1100 yard season this year (take the games only after he became 100%)

we lack a RZ target i dont think reggie is that guy but he is better than any1 we have now

if we dont get bowe i want a guy in the draft
no thanks, i'll take a younger cheaper wr like a meachem over wayne.
Not enough money. Re-signing our guys is going to cost a ton this free agency. Plus, not sure signing Wayne to the last contract of his career, and certainly overpriced, would be the best move for a guy on the downside of his career.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not enough money. Re-signing our guys is going to cost a ton this free agency. Plus, not sure signing Wayne to the last contract of his career, and certainly overpriced, would be the best move for a guy on the downside of his career.

Do you think we'll be able to sign everyone worth resigning? In other words, what upcoming FA's on our team do you think will not be here next year?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Do you think we'll be able to sign everyone worth resigning? In other words, what upcoming FA's on our team do you think will not be here next year?

The team is going to need to throw huge money at Alex, and with Barkley's return to college, the price tag just bumped up again. If Ryan Fitzpatrick got that huge salary, you know Smith's agent is going to push that number even higher. It may be a $10 million contract per year.

Then you have Carlos Rogers, who may be pushing for $8 million per year, if not higher. And, then there is Ahmad Brooks, Dashon Goldson, Adam Snyder, Ted Ginn, and a number of other guys that are eligible to walk.

It is going to be a real tight number as the salary cap will probably not rise in 2012. The NFL has already notified teams that the numbers will be similar.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

The team is going to need to throw huge money at Alex, and with Barkley's return to college, the price tag just bumped up again. If Ryan Fitzpatrick got that huge salary, you know Smith's agent is going to push that number even higher. It may be a $10 million contract per year.

Then you have Carlos Rogers, who may be pushing for $8 million per year, if not higher. And, then there is Ahmad Brooks, Dashon Goldson, Adam Snyder, Ted Ginn, and a number of other guys that are eligible to walk.

It is going to be a real tight number as the salary cap will probably not rise in 2012. The NFL has already notified teams that the numbers will be similar.

Yes, but we're quite a bit under, and don't really need Brooks. Rogers and Goldson will demand money. Smith? You really think he's leave here? Not a chance. He'll demand money, but will also be reasonable, because only bad teams need QBs in FA, and doubt Smith wants to go play for a bad team again.
I'd rather have him than Braylon Edwards.......he wasnt worth that Mill he got this year

not sure about the cost, but i'm down with just about anyone from the U

Alex will get like 3 years for 24 million or something close. He ain't going anywhere. He doesn't want to learn another offense.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
if we venture outside of the draft for a new WR it had better be Marques Colston or it's not worth it.
Originally posted by sfout:
if we venture outside of the draft for a new WR it had better be Marques Colston or it's not worth it.

or bowe

both are great RZ targets

but i doubt colston hits the market im sure he loves it there
Shouldnt this be in the Free Agency Forum?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by toeknee:

Yah that would be like buying a Ferrari for someone doesn't have a drivers license.
Share 49ersWebzone