LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 403 users in the forums

Would you want the Niners to go after Reggie Wayne in free agency?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would you want the Niners to go after Reggie Wayne in free agency?

• hps49
  • Veteran
What you guys think? I think it would be awesome of the Niners went after Reggie Wayne when he hits free agency.
Yes, 100%, without a doubt.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I probably reply with the same answer in every thread asking if we should sign a free agent WR. No, I rather draft Dwight Jones, I'm also on the Jeff Fuller and Nick Toon bandwagon.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I want Bowe on the Niners, but Wayne will be a great consolation.
he will replace braylon and we will still draft a receiver in rounds 3 to 5
  • hps49
  • Veteran
Bowe would be a nice addition too if not the other.
[ Edited by hps49 on Dec 23, 2011 at 8:44 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
None of those choices are good... He is going to leave Indy and he wouldn't be to expensive for us.... But i wouldn't want him. He is a much older version of Crabtree, not something we need. We speed on the other side.
Could care less.. i feel like he wouldnt contribute much more than what our WR's already do, but thats just my opinion, if he came id still be open arms.
Originally posted by hps49:
What you guys think? I think it would be awesome of the Niners went after Reggie Wayne when he hits free agency.

Wow, as soon as I heard he was a free agent the thought came to mind. I'm excited to see who the 9ers pick during free agency.
With the season the 9ers are having they should attract a lot of good players........
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Not really interested in paying old has been WRs top money. I would rather draft or sign someone a bit younger.

Maybe if Peyton Manning comes also

I'd rather have Dwayne Bowe myself
Originally posted by Jcool:
None of those choices are good... He is going to leave Indy and he wouldn't be to expensive for us.... But i wouldn't want him. He is a much older version of Crabtree, not something we need. We speed on the other side.

He catches the ball though and can score deep when hit in stride, although that last plus might be negated on this team. I can't believe 49ers fans are really showing age discrimination at the receiver position of all positions.
100% yes. He's a stud and he's smart so if he loses a step he'll still be productive.
Alex needs a new Issac Bruce.
Josh Morgan is a cheap version
Share 49ersWebzone