LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 398 users in the forums

A good lesson for 49ers fans after watching the Pack lose...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Aaron Rodgers was under pressure all day and his normally reliable receivers weren't making plays...

How did the Packers offense look?

Still think a good QB can "overcome anything" to win games?
[ Edited by Canadian49er on Dec 19, 2011 at 4:12 AM ]
A QB is as good as his protection, WR's/TE's, scheme and coaching and development.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
everyone has an off day. Some, more than others.
Is this another "Rogers would suck just like Alex if he was the Niners qb" thread? If so...
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Aaron Rodgers was under pressure all day and his normally reliable receivers weren't making plays...

Most of the time, yes they can.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Most of the time, yes they can.

Agreed. Everyone has an off day, from Joe Montana on down.
His "off day" was the product of losing an excellent tackle in Bulaga and another Olineman. More time in the pocket = More completions. This is not hard to grasp - at least I don't think it is. Let's try again!

Every 49ers, Steeler, Packer,Cowboy team that won the SBowl had quality pass protection.

If Rodgers had more time he would have completed more passes. I don't know if they would have won since their run game was also shut down because the OLine was injured.

An "on day" doesn't guarentee a win either - that's why it's a team game.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Packers are in for some trouble. That o-line has been decimated.
Originally posted by Canadian49er:

Like I've always said, football is a team game and some players get way too much credit/blame.
Originally posted by okdkid:

This

Originally posted by okdkid:

Good. Brings them back down to earth. Other teams can beat up on them now.
Plus Rodger didn't have his best WR in Greg Jennings. Rodgers usually just throws it up to Jennings and trust him to make the play.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't think you can take anything from that game. The Packers had home field basically wrapped up and it was an obvious trap game that most of the team wasn't up for. The Chiefs were playing their first game for Romeo CrenneI. The Chiefs had a major edge in terms of motivation. I can remember a 10-5 1988 49er team allowing Joe Montana get sacked something like 9 times in a meaningless regular season final, that the Rams won by 3 touchdowns. They rolled through the next two opponents easily before needing "the drive" to beat the Bengals in the Super Bowl.
The Packers can't beat teams that wear red jerseys, that's what I gathered from the loss
Originally posted by King49er:
The Packers can't beat teams that wear red jerseys, that's what I gathered from the loss

MOFO GONNA HAVE A BRICK FALL ON HIM!!!
Share 49ersWebzone