LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Who has Green Bay played this year!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ok, so we get a lot of flack by the media saying we haven't played anybody! Then they say that we lost to "the good teams" minus the Cardinals!
Well first of all we were supposed to be a bottom feeder while Green Bay are the defending champs! The have played one team "the Saints"! That game came down to the last play of the game, meanwhile the Saints lost to the Rams!

Green Bay has played a very soft schedule for a super bowl champ! We are playing teams like the Ravens, & Steelers. Theyre best apponents have been the Saints, Giants, & Detroit! We beat two of those teams!

Not hating on the Pack but the media is something else, they are talking about the Pack like they have played the Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, 49ers, ect to get o there perfect record!

Your thoughts?
Yeah I dont get how a SB team has a easy following schedule. Its like the NFL want to see back to back SBs because the last one was too long ago for the casual fans. I thought Detroit at FF would give that Packs offence a run, they only held them in the first half the 2nd Rodgers came out guns blazing and the stadium noise wasnt a factor I think.

The Saints and Giants games against the Packs, didnt watch.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Saints, Bears, Broncos, Falcons, Giants, Lions...they've beaten a few good teams but honestly I've failed to pay attention. It's sad in a way that the defending Super Bowl champs aren't really being talked about because it's Tebow Time
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
The Pack are getting talked about because Aaron Rodgers is making it looks so easy and the NFL media is in love with the Packers and their history(If you ever go to one stadium it has to be Lambeau Field,etc...)
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
who cares
Originally posted by luv49rs:
who cares

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO body!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by luv49rs:
who cares

It's probably better to go 16-0 with an easy schedule than 11-5 having beaten and rumbled with some tough teams.
They haven't lost a game in 1 year.... Last year and this year going back. I'd say they are pretty good.
They beat New Orleans as well as Detroit and NYG on the road. Bottom line is they have easily beaten every team on their schedule and are probably going to go 16-0. I think the only game they might lose is in the Super Bowl. Dont see them losing a playoff game in GB.

Originally posted by ace49ers:
Yeah I dont get how a SB team has a easy following schedule. Its like the NFL want to see back to back SBs because the last one was too long ago for the casual fans. I thought Detroit at FF would give that Packs offence a run, they only held them in the first half the 2nd Rodgers came out guns blazing and the stadium noise wasnt a factor I think.

The Saints and Giants games against the Packs, didnt watch......

____

You know schedules are made a specific way right? You rotate conferences by year and play 2 other games against a same conference team that finished in the same place as you. This comment makes it seem like you think schedules are manipulated before the season somehow.
[ Edited by jojomellon on Dec 17, 2011 at 5:32 PM ]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Green_Bay_Packers_season

Scroll down to Regular Season Results
they're 13-0. don't matter at this point.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

The Saints and Giants games against the Packs, didnt watch.

Originally posted by jojomellon:

The Saints and Giants games against the Packs, didnt watch......

____

You know schedules are made a specific way right? You rotate conferences by year and play 2 other games against a same conference team that finished in the same place as you. This comment makes it seem like you think schedules are manipulated before the season somehow.
It isn't the NFL's fault those 2 teams aren't as strong as last year and the Packers are better.
Who cares, no need to justify their games. You don't have to be better than them all year , just the one time you play them.
Share 49ersWebzone