LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Joe Montana: I never had a season as good as Aaron Rodgers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
and this is exactly why the NFL changed, they understood that the majority of fans would never be able to look beyond the numbers. The NFL needs records to be broken, this makes the masses happy. In 20 years my kids are going to swear up and down their QB's are the best ever because they throw 60 TD's and 6000 yards

It is already that bad. A couple of years ago they tried to tell everyone Peyton was the best. So apparently winning 4 championships doesnt mean anything anymore. You play to win the game, you play to win the game.

Not have the highest yards and TDs!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k Aaron Rodgers he can eat my dick

you jelly ?
Just mad that they act like my boy Bradys season never happened. rodgers is only on pace to top Bradys QB rating that year

The pats ran up a lot of scores that year. GB, once they have a game in the bag, shut it down. Check out Rogers attempts to Brady's in bradys big year.

Tom Brady averaged 36.3 attempts per game in his record breaking year
Aaron Rodgers is averaging 33.6 this year.

try again

In 2007: Brady had 6 games where the Pats won by more than 15 points AND he threw more than 30 times.

Aaron Rodgers had 3 games where GB won by more than 15 points AND not one time did he throw more than 30 passes.

Bilacheat ran up the score quite a few times. Ya gotta look a little deeper and see a lot of those high pass attempts were not needed.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 16, 2011 at 11:50 AM ]
Further evidence that the NFL's wish to see more points on the board is hurting the game. It actually used to be a rare occasion that a QB would post incredible numbers like Rodgers'. Now it's happening with alarming regularity. Same thing with teams going undefeated. It happened once in 1972. Then the the Pats did it (regular season anyway). Now Green Bay is about to do it, and it will probably happen again next year or two. I read an article awhile back (can't remember by who), but they said it perfectly:

Goodell is turning the NFL into Madden.
[ Edited by baltien on Dec 16, 2011 at 1:24 PM ]

you jelly ?
Just mad that they act like my boy Bradys season never happened. rodgers is only on pace to top Bradys QB rating that year

The pats ran up a lot of scores that year. GB, once they have a game in the bag, shut it down. Check out Rogers attempts to Brady's in bradys big year.

try again

In 2007: Brady had 6 games where the Pats won by more than 15 points AND he threw more than 30 times.

Aaron Rodgers had 3 games where GB won by more than 15 points AND not one time did he throw more than 30 passes.

Bilacheat ran up the score quite a few times. Ya gotta look a little deeper and see a lot of those high pass attempts were not needed.

not sure what that has to do with the short-term memory of commentators who conveniently forget Brady's season when drooling over Rodgers balls.
Originally posted by niners94:
DAMN YOU NOLAN !!!!

Get over it. We got Alex Smith.

Yay us

its amoot point i guarentee rodgers wouldnt even be witht he niners by now

he had a tendency to hold the ball too long and a concussion problem he wouldve been killed under our o line

not to mention there is a huge difference between taking over a 14-2 team and a 2-14 team
  • vaden
  • Veteran
It's gotten so ridiculous that stats shouldn't even be compared. Tony Romo is 3rd all-time in QB rating. Flacco is ahead of Marino. Marino would've had a 6000 yard season in this era.

The Packers have had the 2nd-easiest schedule in the NFL, according to Sagarin, behind only the 49ers. The level of competition and defenses they've faced doesn't compare to what Brady and Manning faced in their seasons. Rodgers isn't even on their level. Not yet.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by HessianDud:

you jelly ?

try again

not sure what that has to do with the short-term memory of commentators who conveniently forget Brady's season when drooling over Rodgers balls.

but the placement of his balls is just amazing.

you jelly ?

try again

Erin Andrews agrees
Montana would say this. Montana had no tape to watch how and what a QB in a WCO plays. Montana was the beginning. Defenders could hit QBs in the helmet and no flags would fly.
Montana never relied on deep bomb lobs for pass interference calls.

you jelly ?

try again

he places them right in ESPN's mouth.
He didn't. And he also should mention that ALL THE RULE CHANGES for the last 20 years favor the offense. You can't touch QB's, WR's, or TE's anymore. Back in the day you could mug them. Everything is interference now. And you can't put one fingernail on the QB. Rules and times have changed. Montana in his prime would put up bigger #'s in this current system.
Originally posted by dobo:
Being groomed behind Brett Favre > Being thrown to the wolves by a terrible coach on a terrible team

It's hard to know what would have happened if their roles were reversed.

Well put dobo, that sums it up perfectly.

Now go put Aaron Rodgers' balls back in your mouth....
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He didn't. And he also should mention that ALL THE RULE CHANGES for the last 20 years favor the offense. You can't touch QB's, WR's, or TE's anymore. Back in the day you could mug them. Everything is interference now. And you can't put one fingernail on the QB. Rules and times have changed. Montana in his prime would put up bigger #'s in this current system.

Last 30+ years. 1980 I believe was when lineman were allowed to use their hands to block and defensive lineman could no longer whack them in the head.
[ Edited by BobS on Dec 16, 2011 at 8:35 PM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Last 30+ years. 1980 I believe was when lineman were allowed to use their hands to block and defensive lineman could no longer whack them in the head.

Ok 30 years.
Share 49ersWebzone