LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

trade for matt schaub?

Shop 49ers game tickets
If Yates does well in the playoffs, its a possibility Schaub will be stumped and out of Houston. Would you be willing to trade for him and does he fit this offense? Also I am positive Texans would want a first rounder. Would you give up a late round first for a statistically great quarterback?
what the hell is happening.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Yes, as long as he agrees to a Shaj-like hair transplant.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

they are the same person
Originally posted by susweel:

they are the same person

Come to think of it, I have never seen Matt Shaub and Shaj in the same place at the same time. You may be on to something!
Hell no. I think we should just trade for Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. I'm sure they will be on the trade block.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Hell no. I think we should just trade for Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. I'm sure they will be on the trade block.

You might think it's some kind of joke Guy, but quarterbacks lose their jobs all the time. Whoever thought the #1 overall pick and had taken his team to the Superbowl, Drew Bledsoe would lose his job to a 6th round pick. It happens.

Yates had a hell of a performance to win the game against the Bengals, putting up 300 yards with 2 tds.

If your gonna be a clown then go be one in someone else's thread.

Yes, schaub and hasselbeck need to borrow some hair from polomalu or clay Matthews lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

A) Yates is not going to have a great enough postseason to make Schaub expendable.

B) It would be very risky to trade away your franchise QB for a guy with little experience or exposure, playoffs or no.

C) They would want a ridiculous amount of compensation for him.
Originally posted by QBguru:

You might think it's some kind of joke Guy, but quarterbacks lose their jobs all the time. Whoever thought the #1 overall pick and had taken his team to the Superbowl, Drew Bledsoe would lose his job to a 6th round pick. It happens.

Yates had a hell of a performance to win the game against the Bengals, putting up 300 yards with 2 tds.

It is actually quite rare.

Less confrontation in future please.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
A) Yates is not going to have a great enough postseason to make Schaub expendable.

B) It would be very risky to trade away your franchise QB for a guy with little experience or exposure, playoffs or no.

A) how do you know he will not have a good postseason? Have you seen the future?

B) he is getting experience this season and guaranteed postseason.

C) how much do you think they will demand? Palmer-esque trade?
Originally posted by English:

It is actually quite rare.

Less confrontation in future please.

Sure sir.

Rare indeed, but not impossible
Originally posted by HessianDud:

A) how do you know he will not have a good postseason? Have you seen the future?

B) he is getting experience this season and guaranteed postseason.

C) how much do you think they will demand? Palmer-esque trade?

A) he just won't. he'll have to play the Pats, Ravens, or Steelers at some point and he'll be eaten alive. (Yes, the Pats defense isn't great, but Yates won't be able to take advantage of it.)

B) that's still not much experience, compared to what they know about Schaub. Besides, they'll still have both under contract; why make knee-jerk reactions based on a handful of games when they can take at least another season to evaluate the position? Also: franchise QB vs. 5th round pick.

C) That would be the starting point of any negotiation.
Share 49ersWebzone