LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Trade for Sam Bradford

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sikh408:
St. Louis will most likely end up with the 2nd overall pick. Andrew luck will be taken first overall. Do the Rams pickup Robert Griffin or other potential explosive quarterback comming out of this years draft. I have a feeling Sam Bradford might get traded based on how heavy his potential contract weighs on a new team.
Sam Bradford is an upgrade over Alex Smith!

or how about trading up for this guy?

Taking RG III is a sexy pick, and if they do make a trade, it may free up cap room, but it depends on who is willing to trade for him. Bradford is injury prone always has been. They would need to use the pick original or in the trade on a OL and WR either way. All of which will depend on if there is a new front office. I would fear RG III because he is elusive, the Rams having line problems and with Bradford-he is a sitting duck.
I would love Bradford
Bradford is being ruined by a horrible franchise and a s**tty offensive line. He had/has the potential to be a top 5 QB in the league, but I don't see that happening with the state the Rams are in. They need more o-line help than we do.
St. Louis will most likely end up with the 2nd overall pick. Andrew luck will be taken first overall. Do the Rams pickup Robert Griffin or other potential explosive quarterback comming out of this years draft. I have a feeling Sam Bradford might get traded based on how heavy his potential contract weighs on a new team.
Sam Bradford is an upgrade over Alex Smith!

This is not going to happen. Bradford is a solid young quaterback with plenty of potential to grow and in the off chance that it did, they would never trade him to a division rival.
It's hard to see St.Louis not take Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin. Too much talent to pass up with the 2nd pick! Bradford's contract is holding them down.
It's hard to see St.Louis not take Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin. Too much talent to pass up with the 2nd pick! Bradford's contract is holding them down.

Thats not hard to see at all, whats hard is think they will find someone to take on his contract. The Rams have their franchise QB they need to surround him with talent. They will draft the best OL or the Best WR with there first round pick. Lets say the Rams did draft a QB why would they trade him to a Division rival? This makes no sense at all

Yes, take another QB to get bruised and battered behind a terrible line. Brilliant!
No chance in hell the Rams would be foolish enough to trade Bradford within the division.
Originally posted by captveg:
No chance in hell the Rams would be foolish enough to trade Bradford within the division.

WIth the contract Bradford has no team in the division would be foolish enough to trade much for him and take on that crazy amount of money.

For the zoners who would not want Sam Bradford, they are delirious. Who cares about the salary, a franchise qb is worth it. I would take Bradford over any of the qb's in this draft, including Luck. I watch Stanford games (have season tickets) I think he is an awesome college qb, but feel that the speed of the pro game will make his first few years in the NFL a challenge.
I would love bradford BUT we need to build around him immediately. That means better o-line, better receivers, ect....
Bradford is pretty good, but he was before the new money contracts. He's going to want Gerrard money.

You...are correct, sir...

and thus endeth this discussion.

Cheers!
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
You...are correct, sir...

and thus endeth this discussion.

Cheers!

Why? This is the 49erswebzone!
Share 49ersWebzone