There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ranking the NFL QBs

• dj43
  • Veteran
Trotter bases his rankings on how QBs have actually performed at this point in the season and the impact they have had on their team. The top 4 are gimmies:

1- Rodgers

2 - Brees

3 - Brady

4- Ben

but #5 and #6 will surprise.

Dream Team Mike is down in the teens

Interesting read.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/12/07/quarterback.ratings/index.html
1. Tolzien

2. Doesn't matter
Way to high for Smith, he ranks some where at about 15-16.
Originally posted by susweel:
Way to high for Smith, he ranks some where at about 15-16.

Well, you would say that. But on performance this year within the team context, it isn't that far out of line.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
1. Tolzien

2. Doesn't matter

this

English, close thread.
If its based on how he has done with the team he should be #2 seeing as how he has the 2nd most wins in the nfl.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
1. Tolzien

2. Doesn't matter

QFT
Originally posted by Snider8706:
If its based on how he has done with the team he should be #2 seeing as how he has the 2nd most wins in the nfl.

The defense and running game are the primary reasons for the 10-2 record, with Alex doing his part but usually not needing to do all that much to win.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Snider8706:

The defense and running game are the primary reasons for the 10-2 record, with Alex doing his part but usually not needing to do all that much to win.

Gore has only 200 yds and 0 TDs in the last 4 games, Alex has had 4 game winning 4th qtr drives. The defense is a huge part but dont try to downplay the role Alex has played.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
How about Tebow #5, ahead of Smith?

Based on the impact he has had on his team, it is hard to argue with that although it seems crazy high.
Originally posted by dj43:

Based on the impact he has had on his team, it is hard to argue with that although it seems crazy high.

Completely ludicrous to have him ranked that high. That list is complete crap.

The rank QBs in the order of who I would want on my team as my QB. Tebow wouldn't even be in the top 25.
[ Edited by susweel on Dec 9, 2011 at 10:19 AM ]

The rank QBs in the order of who I would want on my team as my QB. Tebow wouldn't even be in the top 25.

Agreed but you cant argue with the impact. Temporary, in my view, but there it is.
Originally posted by English:

Agreed but you cant argue with the impact. Temporary, in my view, but there it is.

No doubt of course there is an impact.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

No doubt of course there is an impact.

This ranking is all about the impact they have had on their team this season. Hard to argue with it on that basis.
Quote:
Thirty-eight pass attempts against the Cardinals. Thirty against the Giants. Thirty-two against the Lions. Yep, keep telling yourself he's just a game manager. You don't go into Sundays with a game plan to put the ball in the hands of Smith if you believe he's nothing more than a game manager.
The 49ers are 10-2 in part because Smith has come through when needed. His numbers aren't great -- 15 TDs, five INTs -- but it's due to the running game being strong and the receiving corps being suspect. (Ted Ginn Jr. is getting looks on the outside, for gosh sakes.) Smith ranks fourth among full-time starters with a 114.1 rating against the blitz (Tom Brady is seventh at 117.2) and he's one of only 10 passers (and five season-long starters) with a 100.0-plus fourth-quarter rating.

boom