There are 287 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A.Smith, D.Brees, A.Rodgers

I think the Saints. They have less weapons then GB and SF.

I'd say S.F. except we have two rookies backing up Smith.

Flynn could do ok but i'm not sure about the guy since i've never seen him play. He's as good as a rookie really.
Niners easily. We only need to score 14 a game to win.
Saints would be the most SOL. Their only backup is Chase Daniel, who beat out Patrick Ramsey in a QB competition.
Minus Rodgers the Packers are simply a pretty good team and not at all scary. Minus Brees the Saints have nothing. Minus Smith we still have one of the best defenses in the NFL and a strong run game.

I think the Niners would lose the least if Smith went down.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Niners easily. We only need to score 14 a game to win.

You underestimate the value of Smith to the 49ers this year. The offense has been dominating in time of possession lately despite the problem with scoring TDs vs. FGs. Even in the loss to the Ravens, the TOP difference was small. While the running game deserves some of the credits, Smith does too as his plays have kept drives alive and his ability to avoid turnovers. With a more error-prone QB, the defense would likely have to be on the field longer (like last year.) That'd lead to more points scored by the opposing teams.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
niners. easy. he's the least important to their respective teams.

This

We have a good running game, strong defense and special teams. Any decent QB would be able to fill in and we would still win.

Yes however we dont have one. Kap may be good someday but that time isnt now. Green Bay would easily be the team that would keep on rolling.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I think that's what a lot of fans thought in 2007, Remember this?: "Dilfer will be even better."

We didn't have the #1 defense in 07, and we weren't winning games with Alex Smith either. Point being we're a much better team and better coached than we were then.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 6, 2011 at 7:40 PM ]
packers because rodgers is all they got. their back up may be good but hes no rodgers. if it wasnt for rodgers they would be a team that cant run, cant defend AND cant pass. we are very well rounded and the saints are pretty talented too in other facets. green bay is aaron rodgers and aaron rodgers is green bay.

This

We have a good running game, strong defense and special teams. Any decent QB would be able to fill in and we would still win.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

This

Yes however we dont have one. Kap may be good someday but that time isnt now. Green Bay would easily be the team that would keep on rolling.

It's funny (in a bad way) that people think Flynn can do what Aaron Rodgers does, but Kaepernick can't do what Alex Smith does.

Green Bay would be average without Rodgers. Their defense and run game suck. Even with all the receiving targets they have, Flynn is far from Rodgers' level and Rodgers is the #1 reason that team is winning.

The Saints would be hurt the most because they have nothing to offer if they lose Brees. As much as everyone wants to credit Smith, our run game and defense are what keep us rolling. We'd survive better than GB or NO.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:53 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This

Strong defense and running game is what carries this team deal with it. While Alex has improved much this year he is not the MAIN reason for our success. Those other two QBs are the MAIN reason for their teams success.
I say us, because we are not a passing based offense. Kaep maybe a Rook, but he won't have to do as much as the other two.
Green Bay, Flynn may have experience in the system, but if you watch Rodgers, his placement of where he throws the ball his hard to emulate.
Brees, his instinct as a passer, is one of those you won't get sitting on the bench.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

This

It's funny (in a bad way) that people think Flynn can do what Aaron Rodgers does, but Kaepernick can't do what Alex Smith does.

Green Bay would be average without Rodgers. Their defense and run game suck. Even with all the receiving targets they have, Flynn is far from Rodgers' level and Rodgers is the #1 reason that team is winning.

The Saints would be hurt the most because they have nothing to offer if they lose Brees. As much as everyone wants to credit Smith, our run game and defense are what keep us rolling. We'd survive better than GB or NO.

i have no doubt in my mink that Kaepernick, given significant reps with the first team, can do what alex smith does.

This

i have no doubt in my mink that Kaepernick, given significant reps with the first team, can do what alex smith does.

(now we wait patiently for the rebuttal)

This

Easily. If Kap is anything worth his 2nd rd status he should be able to keep it flowing. no knock on Alex but we are no way as QB dependent as the Other 2. Curtis Painter was with Indy 3 yrs and they are Winless.