There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*formula for beating the packers*

Sooner or later, we have to face these cats. This year or the next, it's coming.

The packers have a great coach (who woulda thunk it) that capitilizes and gets aggressive when they are up, blowing up the scoreboard.

Their defense is the problem; C.Woodson, Hawk, Clay Matthews, all levels of their defense is top notch.

Offensive wise,their oline is mediocre. That might be their weakness BUT Arod and McCarthy have been working on getting the ball out within 2 to 4 seconds. All of that training and it's been paying off since last year. If you notice, within 2 to 4 seconds, that ball is OUT . That means that their playbook is somewhat cheesy, but it's effective.; screen , screen, run , screen, dumpoff, checkdown, playaction bomb, Lob bomb to get a pass interference call.......Packer defense responds....up 14 , why not start letting out the shotgun 4 wide?..up three t.ds....win..

IIRC the last time we played them, they were up 3 tds, and we almost pulled an Eagles vs Niners on them and came up short of a comeback by about 3 points.

I think that we can take it to the best of the best in this league. I think we can beat the Steelers,Jets, Pats, and even the Pack.
We can't make any mistakes when facing these teams, but the Pack is definitely in my radar.
I hate those ph*ckers.

[ Edited by TonyStarks on Nov 25, 2011 at 3:11 PM ]
I think the final score was 31-17 or something like that last year, but the game was closer than it appeared for a good chunk of the game, we just couldn't effin tackle..
x(5x-4y)/e=mc2
So yeah...

I think you have to be a screen defensive team. The niners have really improved in that section. I think we are now one of the best defensive screen teams IMO.
We also have to not even blitz because the Packers get the ball out in a matter of seconds. We can't get pass interference flags with those deep lobs as well.
Roofie their Gatorade..
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Roofie their QB..

FIXED!
sack erron rodgers 9 times
we go out, we hit people in the mouth. thats how to win
[ Edited by schmons on Nov 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM ]
you can't sack Arod because THE BALL IS OUT within two seconds of a snap.
We just have to anticipate teh early first half quick passes.

I think if our defense can capitalize, and we just run the ball (because their defense is crazy top notch) we'll stand a chance in the second
half when 40 year old Charles Woodson gets tired.

There's an answer to everything, that's why I've been believing in our team. It's good to have an X's and O's coach in Harbro.
The Niners would have little chance to beat GB unless they dramatically improve the pass rush. The only chance to beat GB is to put massive pressure on Rodgers and rush his passes. Otherwise.. forget about it. I dont think the Niners match up well at all with GB. They can stop the run and dont depend on the run offensively.
Hopefully the Niners do get that shot in though because that will mean we made the NFC title game again.
Starks is drunk again.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The Niners would have little chance to beat GB unless they dramatically improve the pass rush. The only chance to beat GB is to put massive pressure on Rodgers and rush his passes. Otherwise.. forget about it. I dont think the Niners match up well at all with GB. They can stop the run and dont depend on the run offensively.
Hopefully the Niners do get that shot in though because that will mean we made the NFC title game again.

He has to be one of the best at throwing quick passes before getting sacked too, so I think we have to pressure him without blitzing which makes us extra vulnerable in the secondary. Make sure everyone has good coverage AND we get pressure on him, which forces him to try to run and make willis or someone be a "spy" and absolutely cream him when he does it. He gets about 20 yards a game on the ground.(has had as much as 56 against the chargers if you allow him to run).

I don't think we really match up that well with them either, but like you said it means we're at least past a couple of good teams already if we're there.

Also another advantage to GB having such a mediocre run game is aldon should get to literally play the whole game. I just don't know if it'll matter since rodgers gets s**t done even with pressure.
[ Edited by mike on Nov 26, 2011 at 12:50 PM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Or...Like I said we have to get him hard if he tries to run on us lol. That s**t thursday where flacco ran and we barely one arm grabbed him, can't happen. We need to really lay him out.

[ Edited by mike on Nov 26, 2011 at 12:53 PM ]
heres how u beat them, score more points than them. obviously sounds easier than it is, but u need an A+ game, get off field on 3rd down, tip balls at line of scrimmage, have brick hands james jones drop a pass or two, mix in an onside kick, have crosby miss a kick, sloppy game from them penalty wise, and many other things, it can happen u just need the stars to align on 1 day. its not about ppl thinking u can win against them, thats not likely to happen, just go out in the face of adversity and play your best game top to bottom in all 3 phases of the game.
it will be tough for us to beat the packers because we try to go base pressure on most teams and "confuse" the qb with our zones and coverages. well, unfortunately you aren't going to confuse rodgers often. i hate the packers more than anything but that's just the depressing reality of the situation. they'd have to have an off game on offense and we would have to really step up our offensive performance to have a shot