There are 159 users in the forums

How much longer will Norv Turner last in SD?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Heard on ESPN radio this morning that Andy Reid is possibly going to be the next Charger's head coach
I like Norv, and I really felt for him yesterday - excellent OC and crappy HC.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I think he makes it to the end of the year--but not much longer than that.

And no I do not want him to return to SF under any circumstances.
Originally posted by Paul:
Heard on ESPN radio this morning that Andy Reid is possibly going to be the next Charger's head coach

Interesting rumor. I wonder if it's a wish or it has legs.
Norv should never have been allowed to be the Chargers HC this season. He will be fired the day after the season along with AJ Smith. That franchise needs a complete overhaul.
Just long enough so he can become Arizona's new offensive coordinator after Whisenhunt gets fired, Horton becomes head coach and Alex Smith becomes the quarterback after he's released by the 49ers, at least that is the way they have it setup here on talk radio in AZ.
looking back on 2006, the following off-season, the expectations, and then how 2007 actually went, this situation makes me smile.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
There's too much nepotism among NFL franchises. From what I'm hearing, Norv is definitely a goner. AJ Smith? He might actually get to keep his job. Owner Dean Spanos is grooming his son to become the Chargers' GM and Smith has 2 years left on his contract and that will factor into his future with the team.
Share 49ersWebzone