LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

How much longer will Norv Turner last in SD?

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is what they get for snatching Norv from us in the first place. hahahaha!! sorry for ya Chokers!
Some patented Norv magic:

Kneeling on the ball to end BOTH halves. Because, you know, when you're season is in complete free fall why take any chances? Fans were booing loudly both times.

When the Chargers advanced to the Bronco 35 yard line in overtime and had 1st and 10, Norv predictably slammed the ball up the middle three straight times. They gained nothing and kicked from 53 yards away and missed. Soon after the Broncos were lining up their own game winning field goal.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Kneeling on the ball to end BOTH halves. Because, you know, when you're season is in complete free fall why take any chances? Fans were booing loudly both times.

When the Chargers advanced to the Bronco 35 yard line in overtime and had 1st and 10, Norv predictably slammed the ball up the middle three straight times. They gained nothing and kicked from 53 yards away and missed. Soon after the Broncos were lining up their own game winning field goal.

Norv had another brainfart running it on 3rd and 7 in OT lol wtf was he thinking there? You lose or tie, you are out of the playoff hunt.
Norv will be gone at season's end. He failed in Washington, Oakland, and now completely destroyed San Diego. No more head coaching gigs in the NFL for this moron.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Nov 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM ]

I dont get why he'd run 3 straight times against that defense when he has Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates. what an idiot . Seriously settling for a 53 yard fg?
[ Edited by ItsKapTime on Nov 28, 2011 at 1:12 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
is fired yet
I know they will probably wait till the end of the season but I think they should do what we did with singletary and let an assistant get a shot at it. Most important thing is to let the fan base know this is unacceptable and there needs to be a change. Start the change now and try and sell out some of your remaining games.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I know they will probably wait till the end of the season but I think they should do what we did with singletary and let an assistant get a shot at it. Most important thing is to let the fan base know this is unacceptable and there needs to be a change. Start the change now and try and sell out some of your remaining games.

i bet they are hoping he and the chargers do what they do every year, make a big push in late november and into december
I knew, Norv Turner is fullest the idiot for Head Coach because he is not best the head coach ever! Why he was left for us that was very dumb for him.. He thinks that he was a good head coach? meh!! I am tell you that he is best the assist offense scores than head coach ever!!
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I knew, Norv Turner is fullest the idiot for Head Coach because he is not best the head coach ever! Why he was left for us that was very dumb for him.. He thinks that he was a good head coach? meh!! I am tell you that he is best the assist offense scores than head coach ever!!

Meh, indeed.

With Rivers in a deep funk, I can see that kind of conservative playcalling.

Any coach who had to choose between taking over a powerful and winning team or staying as assistant of an egotistical, but partially lacking in knowledge of the game coach would do exactly what Norv Turner did. He is obviously way over his head, but it's difficult to think he made the wrong move in jumping ship.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i bet they are hoping he and the chargers do what they do every year, make a big push in late november and into december
dont think that the broncos are that stupid again, i.e. losing every game.

Why indeed
Share 49ersWebzone