There are 182 users in the forums

How much longer will Norv Turner last in SD?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
He has lost this team. They are 4-6 with a roster that should be doing much better than they are.

He is one of the most over-rated HCs in the game. He really isn't all that great as an OC. He got all his rep by being in Dallas with one of the strongest rosters of the decade. He did nothing revolutionary or even unique there. He ran a power running game with Emmitt Smith running behind a bunch of Pro Bowlers and one HOFer. Aikman and Irvin lit it up by talent alone.

Turner is nothing special and the Chargers are in free-fall. How much longer will San Diego put up with him? Does he finish the season?
I give it 50/50

if he has 1 more s**tty year he will be out
I think he's done after this year the rosters he's had over there have been as talented as you could want, the fact they haven't won a championship is surprising. They need a new coach who could actually get them over the hump.The team isn't getting any younger take advantage of the talent left while you still can don't waste it. The biggest problem is who could they actually hire to replace him.
Tuner is a f**ktard at headcoach. He should've realized that after his last stint and first failed year of head coaching in San Diego.
norvell turner
Not long. He blew their chance
As soon as the season is over he is gone unless they turn things around really fast.
Till the end if the season.
Originally posted by English:

this
  • Paul
  • Veteran
it's almost over for him....and yet, I feel like he will get another head coaching job after this

They hung onto him for a long time despite the mediocre results. I can't say why? But the do it. It will be hard to excuse this year though. This season I can't see them going on a big streak at the end of the year to save their season. They just aren't good enough.
Originally posted by Paul:
it's almost over for him....and yet, I feel like he will get another head coaching job after this

Interesting. I was going to end my post, and that is it for his HC days in the NFL. I think he could HC in College or be a co-ordinator in the NFL but not sure I can see him head coaching again in the big League. Face it, the Chargers should have won big these last few years and haven't. That has to go down to Norv with their talent.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

"N.F.L."
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by English:

And to think they fired Marty Schottenheimer for that guy. He has to be done after this season is over.
Share 49ersWebzone