There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shall We Sign Kyle Orton?

Originally posted by Paul:
wonder how it would have turned out if we did get him right after the lockout ended...but wow Orton fell pretty far, I wonder what was the point of Denver releasing Orton and why they did it? didn't make much sense

Denver is banking on the fact that Orton will get picked up. Saves them $2 Million. Brady Quinn is now their #2.
Originally posted by Kastion:
seriously wdf orton had 1 good year in denver and that was last year, he got benched for a quarterback who went 2/9 in a pro football game. I believe Kaepernick wuld be the better option short term as well as long term if necessary

Good is a relative term. His win/loss record with the Broncos makes pre-Harbaugh Smith look good in comparison.
Originally posted by Paul:
wonder how it would have turned out if we did get him right after the lockout ended...but wow Orton fell pretty far, I wonder what was the point of Denver releasing Orton and why they did it? didn't make much sense

It's Orton's last contract year. There is no point holding on to him as the Broncos would have to pay the rest of the $8+ million contract for a backup QB. Elway really goofed on not pushing hard for a trade before the season.
I don't want him our team!! he is not good a leader and nothing by himself!! no Thanks!!
wow, did you guys even read the post? lmao

he said IF Smith were to get injured, it would be a good idea for a veteran qb to take over...
Originally posted by YungAce:

he said IF Smith were to get injured, it would be a good idea for a veteran qb to take over...

The issue is moot as teams like Washington, Houston, Kansas City, and Chicago have nothing to lose by claiming him off waivers. The $2.5 million price is rather steep for a backup this late in the season.
I wouldn't mind having orton as a back up for this season. I doubt Alex will get hurt, most of his throws are designed to be quick and he isn't asked to run a pass heavy offense. I wouldn't bring Orton to SF is the intent was to compete with Alex for a starting job next season. Orton isn't that much of an upgrade over Alex. I would have rather had Palmer. There are three tiers of QB talent. Orton and Alex are mid level to low. If the niners were to trade or sign a veteran QB, I want a top QB. Orton isn't it.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by YungAce:

The issue is moot as teams like Washington, Houston, Kansas City, and Chicago have nothing to lose by claiming him off waivers. The $2.5 million price is rather steep for a backup this late in the season.

I understand. I personally wouldn't sign him but half of the thread didn't even read past the thread title. People think the OP wants Orton to start over Smith lol
[ Edited by YungAce on Nov 23, 2011 at 1:30 AM ]
singed to 1 day $50 deal. york is not being cheap
[ Edited by stunder49 on Nov 22, 2011 at 10:56 PM ]
nvm
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 22, 2011 at 11:08 PM ]
We have Alex Smith...

And he if he gets hurt we have Tolzien the Train of Greatness behind him ready to take over...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We have Alex Smith...

And he if he gets hurt we have Tolzien the Train of Greatness behind him ready to take over...

Alex won't get injured. Teams are scared that if they knock him out Tolzein will come in a throw 9 TDs.
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We have Alex Smith...

Alex won't get injured. Teams are scared that if they knock him out Tolzein will come in a throw 9 TDs.

Tolzien is a greater Train of Greatness than even the great Cam Newton...